Position Encoding.

--
Uh-oh...

_Now_ you've opened the floodgates!
Reply to
John Fields

Even if the conclusion were true, which it isn't, it wouldn't follow
from the premise, which is also untrue.
Reply to
John Fields

--- "Thousands of lines"? Hardly...

Sloman and I have had confrontations on only two threads over a period of what, the last week or two?

Prior to that I think it's been a year or two since either one of us spoke to the other.

Check it out if you like, at this point I'm not going to bother with minutiae.

You, on the other hand, seem to be trapped in a never-ending spiral of useless, pointless banter with Sloman which neither of you can escape because each of you just _has_ to have the last word.

Can't you see how hypocritical you're being when you're doing - on a much larger scale - the same thing you decry?

-- JF

Reply to
John Fields

--
I disagree; I think he did a pretty good job of _describing_ it.
Reply to

--
Sure, you'd like that...

You'd fit right in with the rest of the chickens. ;)
Reply to
John Fields

--
The chickens?
Reply to

--
I do; that's why it's a belt sander instead of a chain saw. ;)
Reply to

More likely they checked my security clearances, which are very old, but were good enough to let me get into US Army ECOM at Fort Monmouth, New Jersey in 1970 and to work at EMI Central Research 1976-79. The kind of people they worry about take politica a great deal more seriously than I've ever done.

You and Jim Thompson presumably lack any kind of sense of proportion.

I haven't spent any time in the US since 1999, and I'm not contemplating a visit in the immediate future.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

--
Whatever suits you.
Reply to

--
Thank you!  ;)
Reply to

d/t...

c9a...

d/t...

=A0 =A0 =A0...Jim Thompson

That's one of them - and she did get a degree in psychology before being sucked into the family business. Another teaches biology at some university and rides motorcycles. She doesn't seem to have been able to teach John much modern biology, but then neither have I.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

me

p...

ation

wman

alry

hread/t...

728dc9a...

ed to

hread/t...

=A0Is

eforth

uys

en

lot

in,

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

More a lard bucket than a street fighter these days. And as I get reminded every time I turn out to field-hockey practice, you don't get better at physical stuff as you get older.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

It doesn't annoy me. Why should it? I'm obviously envious - I didn't get my first patent until 1978, and neither of the ultrasound patents is likely to prompt anybody to contact me now to help rework the ideas around current technology. It's not as if I've been stuck in the same narrow field for the past forty years. I could congratulate Jim for his foresight on getting into that field forty years ago, but - on current evidence - it was more dumb luck than foresight.

We've noticed. Eighteen-year-olds do go in for unrealistic over- confidence, and can be downright obnoxious before they develop adult social skills.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmgen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

I only _respond_ to Larkin. If he stops, I'll stop. ...Jim Thompson

I'm puzzling over "...didn't learn basic electromagnetics." Anyone know what the hell that's about? ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0 =A0...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0| =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 |

Yikes!

When I purchased my ticket to for the mud wrestling event I thought it was with young women.

Reply to
brent

[snip what a lame newsreader client doesn't know about ..]

What? You didn't know the degree to which Larkin would go in an attempt to stay up in the headlines? Just think narcissistic, and you've got it :-) ...Jim Thompson

I would like Sloman to quit posting long off-topic junk here, about climate and economics and such topics that he knows little about, and actually build his oscillator, or get some consulting business, namely actually DO some electronics and get more useful and less depressed. I tell him so, in not many words.

I would also like him to stop telling everybody how smart he is, and make some effort to demonstrate it.

Hey, why don't you do some electronics and post it here?

I design electronics and talk about it, even post real schematics and test results. That's not hypocritical in SED.

John

Invent your own circuits and your own insults. If you can.

John

I started calling you an old hen a long time back, bacause you act like one. The best you can do is the schoolyard-level "oh yeah, you're one too!"

Pitiful.

John