PLL frequency multiplier.

I used to like fine cognac and single-malt but somehow I don't fancy the hard stuff much anymore. I do like margaritas though. Oh, and we just became club members here:

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Ouzo?

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

Good stuff?

I prefer wine, though I'll have a _very_ occasional beer when it's really hot. (Widmer Hefeweizen that Larkin introduced me to is one of my favorites... most American beers are so "lite" as to be tasteless.)

And I like Dry Sack Sherry as an aperitif, and Drambuie, and Jack Daniels and... ;-)

...Jim Thompson

|        Vote Barack... Help Make America an Obama-nation        |
|  Due to excessive spam, googlegroups, UAR & AIOE are blocked!  |

This would be too hard for me, but it is understandable that you need something harder to forget a good Koelsch or Hefeweizen :-)

--
Frank Buss, fb@frank-buss.de
Frank Buss

That's what they are making, wine. And you probably never tasted American stuff like this:

Hennessy, Camus, Glenlivet, Beerenburger would be da good stuff :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Oh, I'll never forget Frueh Koelsch. We've got good Hefeweizen here, Widmer's, the one Jim mentioned. But it's just not quite as good as some Bavarian varieties and it's pronounced "Heffawhysen" out here.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

I like Ouzo, though I like Sambuca better... isn't it the Italian equivalent? (I find Ouzo a little weak-kneed ;-)

I also like blinies with caviar and ice-cold Vodka shots ;-)

...Jim Thompson

|        Vote Barack... Help Make America an Obama-nation        |
|  Due to excessive spam, googlegroups, UAR & AIOE are blocked!  |

Where do you get caviar? I mean the real deal.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

From Germany... in 1998 I brought back two 2kg tins of Russian caviar, obtained for me by the Russian wife of my client at Bosch, Bühlertal. Customs really didn't know what it was and passed me right through ;-)

...Jim Thompson

|        Vote Barack... Help Make America an Obama-nation        |
|  Due to excessive spam, googlegroups, UAR & AIOE are blocked!  |

"

Reply to
Jamie

thanks for hijacking my thread, i appricate that.

Mike

You are quite welcome ;-)

But it's you own fault, you posted from googlegroups AND used a gmail address, so I never saw your original or follow-up posts, just the banter about what to drink when a "project" is for-amusement-only.

Assuming that you will resist further petulant behavior, I have added you my "good guy" filter exceptions.

Now, getting back to your original post...

You could use MC4024 and MC4044 which I designed around 45 years ago, but I doubt that Lansdale (see my website and click on the Lansdale link... they bought the production rights from Motorola) will sell small quantities.

So your best bet is to get an 'HC4046, use Phase Comparator II, and wrap a DIV48 into the feedback loop.

DIV48 can be accomplished with a programmable divider, or D-flops with your own reset logic.

...Jim Thompson

|          Obama-lackey! Obama-lackey! Boom! Boom! Boom!         |
| Obama-lackey Wesley Clark opines:"He (McCain) hasn\'t held exe- |
| cutive responsibility.  I don\'t think riding in a fighter plane|
| and getting shot down is a qualification to be president."     |
| But being a small potatoes politician who\'s served only three  |
| years in the Senate does ???                                   |

Due to excessive spam, gmail, googlegroups, UAR, AIOE are blocked!

Jameco:

MC4044P

1+ 9.99 10+ 7.49 100+ 5.25

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Sporadic E is the Earth\'s aluminum foil beanie for the \'global warming\'
sheep.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

[snip]
[snip]

Son-of-a-gun! Those must have come from someone's private stock!

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | | | | Vote Barack... Help Make America an Obama-nation | | | | Due to excessive spam, googlegroups, UAR & AIOE are blocked! |

Jameco has a lot of oddball stuff. They have been in business long enough to have sold them when they were in full production. We were still using the 4044 in a product at Microdyne in sept, 2001. It was used as a repacment for the orininal Signetics version the product was designed with. It also used several ECL ICs and was built at about 30-60 units a month. That basic board was used in several generations of recievers. The next generation used PLL ICs develeped for the cell phone industry.

I had already made notes to be able to replace the 4044 with the

4046/9046 PLL IC if the 4044 became too much trouble.
--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Sporadic E is the Earth\'s aluminum foil beanie for the \'global warming\'
sheep.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

How weird, you just lit up all of my "wrong approach" alarms.

Reply to
JosephKK

What do you mean by that?

Reply to
Mike

Substitute Laphroaig for Glenlivet. Napoleon Grand Fine is above what i will pay now.

Reply to
JosephKK

the CD4059 is going to serve as my divider in the PLL circuit, it seems it can handle a division by 48 all in itself.

Reply to
Mike

Certainly. It's a programmable counter, as I suggested in a prior post.

You might consider something more modern ;-)

...Jim Thompson

     It\'s what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Due to excessive spam, gmail, googlegroups, UAR, AIOE are blocked!