perplexed about batteries

button cell and a small

of similar size. Not

advantage.

with power budget.

spring holder.

Using a metric of energy per mass, lithium batteries are better than alkaline.

Regarding low voltage equaling low power, this is not always true in analog design. I had a market type go off in a rant when I specified that a 3V version of an older 5V part would draw higher current. Hey, if the power load is the same, less V means more I. You will be doing well to keep the power the same. This idiot eventually got promoted to direct level. That's Maxim for you.

[Sorry, I don't have any insults to offer, just technical information. ;-)]
Reply to
miso

New Product Idea - shoulder holster for model rocket telemetry modules! ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

The absolute max. current for CR2032 is 4mA. At that rate, you will shorten the battery life, but still OK to run continuously.

Probably not.

Reply to
linnix