About j2me application

I am new in j2me. I want to build an text message editor for mobile that can support smiley & small pictures. What type of class can I use to build that editor. Please give me necessary information.

Thanks Babu

Reply to
nasif4003

schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@p59g2000hsd.googlegroups.com...

Essencially you want to mix and arrange text and graphics elements. This is not supported by the standard TextBox and TextField classes. Thus, you need to use the Canvas class and simply create your own editor. On the other hand, if you are able to restrict the application to MIDP 2.0, you can (and probably should) derive your class from CustomItem. /Roland

Reply to
Roland Zitzke