Re: Model Rocket Electronic Launchers?

I've looked over the newsgroup for a few weeks, and haven't seen anything

>pop up, so thought I'd ask. > >Has anyone seen any schematics floating around to make an electronic model >rocket launcher? If so, have they / could they be posted here?

--- They're posted, but rarely.

Tell us what you want to do and someone might be able to help you.

I've crossposted this to a few more groups, so you might get some responses from them as well.

Also, you might want to try:

JF

Reply to
John Fields

You might look at the circuits at

Don't know much about model rockets and launchers, but this might be a good place to start.

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

Experience: What you get when you don\'t get what you want
Reply to
DaveM

John Fields wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

what advantages would an "electronic launcher" have over a simple,basic electrical launch controller?

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Yah... When I did the rocket thing, I made my own fuses and fired the rockets with just speaker wire and a bicycle dynamo. Why get fancy for something that's probably just a passing hobby. Exceptions might be if your making Hollywood props, need to impress nerdy friends or it goes well with your $10000.00 liquid fuel rocket. :P

D from BC British Columbia Canada

Reply to
D from BC

--
Beats me...

JF
Reply to
John Fields

Friends of ours use a "radio" controlled ignition system, it saves running out 200-300' of wire. Those rockets go from 0 to 400 mph in a few seconds, and will kill you if you get hit. Here's some sites,

Ken

Reply to
Ken S. Tucker

John Fields wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

&rls=GFRC,GFRC:

Thanks for the reply! I will also check the other newsgroups.

My idea was to build something that can handle multiple rockets either simultaneously (up to 4 or 5) or in succession, for a father son group.

I have a couple of Estes branded launchers, and they're only for A to D sized engines. Part of the plan is to build a little bit more to also handle E sized engines as well.

Reply to
Cleveland Tech

"DaveM" wrote in news:4pKdneG127UheurVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

&rls=GFRC,GFRC

Thanks Also for this site. It is much appreciated.

Reply to
Cleveland Tech