OT: Today

Today is Yom HaShoah (Holocaust Remembrance Day)

"We will remember those who were murdered, we will guarantee life.

Sadly that is a lesson President Obama and his anti-Israel regime will never understand." ...Jim Thompson

WTF guy? Why do you have to trash these groups with your political crap? Jeeze. Can't you find anything more interesting to do than hating people?

--

Rick
Reply to

Could we also talk about the Nanjing Massacre in China? :)

Reply to
Mr. Man-wai Chang

It's also just past the 100th anniversary of the Armenian genocide.

China doesn't need help defending itself against Japan these days, though.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Here in Maine, today is Patriot's Day.

Listen, my children, and you shall hear Of the midnight ride of Paul Revere, On the eighteenth of April, in Seventy-Five: Hardly a man is now alive Who remembers that famous day and year ...

Wanderer

I think remembering this event is worthy. The amount of life lost on all sides of that War was horrendous.

Steve R.

Reply to
sroberts6328

Isn't Israel's military force also very powerful in the Middle East area?

Reply to
Mr. Man-wai Chang

They're outnumbered very roughly 30 to 1 by their enemies, former enemies, and potential enemies. China has what, eight times the population of Japan?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

--
About 10 times.
Reply to

--- Of course we can, and the loss of about 300000 non-combatant random Chinese, out of a very large population and at the hands of the Japanese animals, pales in comparison with the planned - and executed - genocide of a much larger number of non-combatant Jews, Gypsies, and other non-Aryans, with respect to their populations, by the German animals.

BTW, what the f*ck is the smiley face for?

Reply to
John Fields

Nothing! Just wanna say WWII war-time atrocities can be everywhere.

-- @~@ Remain silent. Nothing from soldiers and magicians is real! / v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and farces be with you! /( _ )\ (Fedora release 21) Linux 3.19.3-200.fc21.i686+PAE ^ ^ 16:09:01 up 7:58 0 users load average: 0.08 0.03 0.05 ???! ???! ???! ???! ???! ???! ????? (CSSA):

Mr. Man-wai Chang

Why not a remembrance day for the original population since 1500 in both Americas and since 1800 in Australia ?

Reply to
upsidedown

Getting dragged into another war so Netanyahu can get re-elected makes sense to you?

Fuck Israel.

Reply to
default

Well, sure! Why not just screw over our most reliable ally in an unstable region that affects so many of our vital interests? And the one society there that shares our basic values?

We've abandoned Ukraine, despite our having guaranteed its borders in exchange for its giving up its (many) nukes.

We've appeased Iran, despite holding all the marbles.

As long as it's okay with us that everybody knows America is a faithless ally whose word cannot be trusted, that is.

Great way to wind up behind the 8-ball, if that's how you roll.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Pansies like "default" hide behind anonymity to conceal their cowardice. ...Jim Thompson

That's what happens when an ethnic minority thinks they're going set up the ir own independent nation within another on the basis of ethnicity. They we re asking for it and they got it. Darwin's Law at work on the collective, T urkey was not the best choice of places to try to pull that one over.

.

Okay, something else you don't know anything about.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Those crazy numbers in the 100s thousands are vastly inflated anti-Japanese war propaganda figures, they have no credibility, actual losses are estima ted at 1/10 that. The city was full of Chinese soldiers who tried to fade i nto the background civilian population and that's what got a lot of people killed.

Going in the opposite direction, the US downplayed the civilian death toll of the March 1945 fire bombing of Tokyo to 200,000 when they knew it was MU CH larger. Modern and more thorough research has put the death toll at 1.5 million, it dwarfs the combined atomic bomb deaths.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

You need to pull your head out of the ass of the Middle Ages, so-called "rabble" armies fell out of use about then. Israel's enemies are barely trained monkeys so that even a 300:1 advantage would mean nothing.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Yeah- that would be about 100 million...

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Those HUGE mass killings and genocides pre-date WWII by a long shot. People were doing what they always did to ensure their survival, it was just that populations were getting much larger.

The Swiss murdered over 100,000 Jews at Basel. It would have been more if t heir population was larger:

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred