no designing today

All my engineers are up on the roof looking at the Blue Angels buzzing the city.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com

morons...

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

I used to take a Thurs or Friday off and watch them practice for their weekend Memorial day show. Less people to compete with.

Martin Riddle

Yeah, Fred, people who enjoy life are really dumb.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Columbus day should be abolished, it's an atrocity to memorialize that individual.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Gosh, Fred, how do you manage to stay so relentlessly cheerful?

Here in SF, this coming Monday will be Italian Heritage Day. In Berkeley, it's Indigenous Peoples Day.

I'm sure that will make you even happier.

(I wonder if the Native Americans ever called themselves "Peoples.")

I've got to admit that there is some mighty good Veal Marsala around. I ask for extra sauce. And Sacripantina is about the best thing anyone ever put into their mouth.

Veal should be outlawed...

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

And so should fred.blobbs.

Reply to
John S

Many ( perhaps most?) just called themselves The People, if they lived in sparsely settled areas.

Sacripantina is a terrifying name :) Makes me think of "From Dusk 'Til Dawn".

--
Les Cargill
Reply to

"Lakota" meant "the people."

Other tribes called them "enemy" because they were the most bellicose bastards around.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

I dunno - the Commanche were pretty hard to deal with. They didn't overlap geographically much with any of the Sioux, so it's hard to really say.

"Commanche" is the Ute name for them - "enemy". Pretty hardcore folks.

--
Les Cargill
Reply to

afaiu, inuit and yupik also means "the people"/"real people"

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

I am told that the Navajo call themselves "Dine'", which means "people" or "the people".

I've also heard (possibly not 100% seriously) that European people only got "accurate" names of tribes from the first few tribes they encountered, on the East Coast. When they asked people from those tribes about the next tribe to the west, they got a response meaning "oh, *THOSE* assholes", and took those words to be the actual name.

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds