Today was a good day.

After spending the morning wrestling with UPS services on my computers, i got on my motorcycle to do some errands. It was such a nice day that i forgot all about my errands. I pointed my bike north on CA 70 up to Oroville, stopped for gas and a stretch. Followed 70 through Quincy and then south on CA 89 to Truckee. It was more than a bit cool for summer riding gear. Fuel again for the bike and for me. Then down the hill on I-80 back to Sacramento. I was taking my time, got home at 11 PM and about 300 miles in pretty much one shot. Nice to know that my bike won't tire me out for doing that.

Reply to
josephkk

Wrong group, pissy little bitch.

Reply to
FatBytestard

Truckee rocks! Where did you eat?

But it's chilly. I'm showing 42.8F at our place this instant, 11:20 AM.

John

When I was stationed at Beale, next to Marysville, a few friends and I would go to the sky diving club near Davis. I rode my Honda 350 at the time. Once, the sky diving instructor remarked, "Be careful on that murdercycle!" ;-)

(the most dangerous part of sky diving is the vehicle ride to and from the drop zone; a tandem jump is NOT sky diving - it's a carny ride.)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Not even close..unless you're driving across the continental US (and back) to get to your drop zone.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Skydiving and scuba and rockclimbing are really dangerous. Look it up.

Skydiving tends to kill its own experts. The death rate is around 1 in

80,000 jumps. So if a group of serious skydivers average 2000 jumps each, the death rate is 1 in 40. And each jump lasts only a couple of minutes.

The death rate from a full day of skiing is under 1 PPM.

John

, i

t i

and

mer

ill on

=A0and

won't

ould

nce,

)

he

Higher, if you ski properly. If you're under 5ppm, ski faster!

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Absolutely.

I did two static parachute jumps. What a dumb sport! You spend all day getting ready, getting to altitude, and bragging about it afterwards, for a couple of minutes actually doing it. I can ski from 9AM to

4:30PM with just the occasional beer break.

John

JF
Reply to
John Fields

and

on

won't

A little place called "Los Alto" by a Save Mart. Kind of pricey, $15 to $20 per seat. Pretty tasty though and the portion was good to large. Variation on a chicken quesedilla (SP?).

Reply to
josephkk

--
"Quesadilla"

If you like to cook, and you like salmon, I'll post my Lenten recipe.
Reply to
John Fields

Larkin probably thinks you pronounce that "kweeeesa-dill-a" ;-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

computers, i

and

summer

on

and

won't

Mmmm. Salmon. Damn, i gotta fire up the smoker again. Down to two pieces already. Cooking is occasionally fun.

Reply to
josephkk