OT: Public transport

Maybe Nick Chiles has the cites.

The Atlanta Black Star leans left.

Of course you won't believe Black people who aren't left wing.

Reply to
rbowman

On May 2, 2023 at 6:59:31 PM MST, "rbowman" wrote snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net>:

I have been there. Or walking near them.

Are they of the same party?

Reply to
Snit

On May 2, 2023 at 7:36:01 PM MST, "rbowman" wrote snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net>:

None of that says it was designed that way. But look at the points:

  • Disincentive for marrying. Yeah, that is dumb.
  • Next is a myth. Not even a part of a program.
  • A claim about how black unwed fathers are treated. An opinion. No policy statement.
  • Noting a correation but no causation, at the start. Then talks about how when women are given the means to not be as dependant this leads to men not being depended on. OK.
  • A policy... this about how to get help the government wants to know the mother and father. Would you not want this? But the system could be set so there were fewer risks / panalties. OK.
  • How fathers are seen. Truth to it... but not tied to policy about poverty.
  • An opinion about the impact on men. Not policy.

Might look at others later.

I do not even know how to parse that sentence to have it make any sense and be tied to my views. Can you?

Reply to
Snit

No. Jon Tester is a Democrat, Steve Daines is a Republican. On some things Tester is a better Republican than a lot of the RINOs. He hasn't committed yet but he, Manchin, and Sinema may sink Julie Su. A Democrat in a red state who is up for election next year has to walk a fine line. He is vulnerable and knows it.

Reply to
rbowman

I see no indication in your citations that it was deliberate. That's the part that requires a cite.

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

On May 2, 2023 at 10:21:44 PM MST, "rbowman" wrote snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net>:

Makes sense. But good they can get stuff done and not just blame the other.

Reply to
Snit

Stop implying others should shape how the internet looks for you.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Or delete it and have everyone use a car. Not enough room? Go live somewhere which doesn't resemble an Indian shanty town.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

The first one, the second one is lunacy. Let's overload a shit system with more customers. Now instead of waiting for a bus, you're waiting for a bus with a free seat.

By the way, no bus goes from my house to my destination. Not one. Ever. Can you foresee a bus to everyone's front door? Leaving whenever they want 24 hours a day? And a huge luggage space too? No, it's thi, delete it. We don't need that outdated crap from when people couldn't afford cars. Oh wait, it's cheaper to drive than take a bus, even with the government stealing your taxes to subsidise them.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Parking tickets are stupid. You pay your taxes to supply roads, that includes somewhere to park.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Anything running at a loss is stupid. But let's all scrounge off others shall we? Typical Jew.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

On May 3, 2023 at 11:07:38 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote snipped-for-privacy@ryzen.home:

It is a loss only from a very myopic view point. The big picture matters.

Let's invest in our own society so we are ALL better off.

Not sure what the means, other than antisemitic nonsense.

Reply to
Snit

No, as only one person uses it.

Or would you say my car is public transport because it had a previous owner?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Don't work in such stupid places then.

Why the f*ck do you live in Seattle? Go use some of the vast countryside in America.

How is it healthy to cycle in a city?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

This is illogical. If you use an app to use them, they know who left them there, and they can bill you.

It's always been like that. But as a kid I was a constructive vandal. I took pieces of electrical stuff I could use, or cut holes in fences so people could access stuff we weren't meant to, like a half built playground. Way more fun when the platforms just ended and you could jump off a 3 metre high platform.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Why would giving people more money make their fathers leave home?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Not true. They have a plate that says [SP], that is, Public Service. Same as Buses.

Carlos E.R.

Women got a place to live in a project and benefits if they had kids and no husband.

I knew welfare case workers who knocked loud on a door and waited for the boyfriend to put on his pants and leave out the back.

Someone said that the Black family survived transportation, survived slavery, survived the Civil War, survived reconstruction, survived Jim Crow, but didn't survive the War On Poverty.

Incentives work.

And you sound like you don't have many friends.

And don't design electronics. Nasty jerks aren't often good at that.

I'll go for that. OUR society, not Ukraine's, not Israel's, not Sudan's ....

Reply to
rbowman