EV Charging and Pacemakers

It sounds like anyone with common sense would be ok. Who would stand by a charger for any length of time?

Dean Hoffman

Sounds more like incompetent design of the charging cable. You may have a lot of current flowing along the cable but it doesn't take much twist in the cable to keep the local magnetic field low - and it reverses as you move along the cable. which also helps . Using four wires and twisting all four would be a bit better. Using five with a centre ground would give you closer packing and a more stable bundle.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman

How long does it take to die after your heart stops?

Depends on how long the bystanders keep up the external heart massage.

Twenty off years ago I was playing field hockey in the Netherlands and one of my team fell over and didn't get up - a coronary.

The medically trained members of the team started giving him external heart massage and blowing air into his lungs (kiss of life) pretty much immediately. It took twenty minutes for the ambulance to get there, and they took over, and took him to hospital where he died a few hours later.

A friend of mine had the same problem in an academic procession in Sydney - he's a professor of oncology and the professor of anaesthetics broke a couple of his ribs with the heart massage. He made it - I had dinner at his place last Saturday.

Without the heart massage you get irreversible brain damage in a couple of minutes, unless you've fallen into freezing water which can slow down the damage quite a bit.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman

Reply to
The scientist