OT: Political dead horse

Jim Thompson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Ditto.

And definitely not what's best for the USA,the Middle East,or the world.

AMEN.

These guys are nothing more than modern-day Neville Chamberlains.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Two idiot self-congratulatory peas in a pod.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

You're not paying attention to the news- even the old news. The WMDs are missing because they were destroyed long ago. The DoD intelligence summary concluded that Saddam, the damned fool that he is, kept alluding to their existence to intimidate Iran, oblivious to the effect his words were having in the west. Saddam could not fathom an incompetence so severe that the west would attack their *best* Arab ally against fanatical Islam.

That's true, but, if the roles were reversed, the right would be doing the same thing. They did it with Somalia.

Yes, shame on them.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Win! You really ARE a mean-spirited leftist weenie.

...Jim Thompson

"Winners never quit, quitters never win", Jack Bradley Budnik ~1956

It is so good that more and more people are realizing that 'leftist' and 'liberal' are two very different things. More often, you'll find that given a mainstream left-center and a mainstream right-center person, you'll more and more often find that the right-center person is generally more tolerant and more open minded to new or challenging ideas.

It is so much more common to see the mean spiritedness of the lefty types, especially when they have been failing in the forums of ideas. As the lefties are shown to be 'just wrong' or 'foolish', then they tend to respond even more strongly with their so typical kneejerk leftist rudeness.

I don't think that they are actually 'bad' people, but are very frightened as they more seriously fail in the public debate. It wouldn't be so painful for them if they'd learn to open their minds to reality.

It is very important for sanity to keep from being so invested to a failing religion (called leftism.) The Islamists also tend to be relatively quiet until their errant beliefs are truly challenged.

There are some frighteningly true valid comparisons between the leftist religion and the Islamist wakkos. There are still some sane lefties, but they are being embarassed by those who have their religion (like Islamists) out of proportion.

John

Reply to
John S. Dyson

If we define "leftist" as one who prefers public solutions to social problems (namely, use taxes and mandates on a national scale to effect social policy) could it be that they are doomed to blame and anger, simply because most such policies don't work? A "rightist" who professes self-reliance is less likely to be angry, if only because he'd have to blame himself, and people usually don't like to do that.

In my life, I've observed a pretty strong correlation between leftness and anger. My other observation is that leftists are differentially disinclined towards the classic rules of behavior and politeness, which they often dismiss as hypocritical and decadent.

I think personality selects politics.

John

[snip]

Returning from breakfast this morning I was listening to the leftist weenie radio station.

This was the first time I had heard a non-prime-time leftist-weenie commentator.

It was like a mirror of Win... lots of anger and calling everyone a liar and/or propagandist... and yet saying "Democrats need to learn how to propagandize so they can raise money".

Sheeesh, what chutzpah!

I think their anger results from their impotence.

...Jim Thompson

"Winners never quit, quitters never win", Jack Bradley Budnik ~1956

Depends.

--
Flap!
The Pig Bladder from Uranus, still waiting for that

Neither do I, Frank. Neither do I.

--
Flap!
The Pig Bladder from Uranus, still waiting for that
hot babe to ask what my favorite planet is. ;-j
Reply to
Pig Bladder

Yesssss. He vasss only folloving oh-dahss.

Thanks for yet another example of reich-wing spin.

Personally, I'm still in favor of maintaining, upholding, and defending The Constitution of The United States Of America, which Dubya and his cadre seem to be dead-set on destroying.

They're doing a better job of trashing The American Way than Osama ben Laden could have ever dreamed!

Thanks for letting me share, Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

"betting on failure against our own country?"

Them's fightin' words, boy.

I love my country, and I hate what the neocons and their ilk and their minions, like you, are doing to her.

It is said that patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel.

Do you believe in supporting and upholding The Constitution, the Supreme Law Of The Land?

Or do you support the traitors who are violating The Constitution on a daily basis and going on TeeVee with sound bites, making excuses for their crimes?

It's spelled out in black and white - our "duty", our half of the contract, is to protect and defend The Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

Anyone who claims to have some kind of mysterious "presidential authority" to flagrantly order illegal searches and seizures is a criminal, and in this case, is a traitor to The Constitution Of The United States, and must be hanged or shot, after a fair trial.

Thank you very much. Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

Who, of course, in their infinite wisdom, know just exactly what's right and best for every living thing in the universe, f*ck that Free Will shit, right?

Thanks, Rich (No, this is sarcasm - it's _THEM_ that want to f*ck free will - I'm all for it, albeit this is kind of a dilemma because it includes their right to be as stupid and boneheaded as they want to be.

Doesn't include the right to go on military excursions, however.)

--
"We have met the enemy and he is us." - Pogo Possum
Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

No, that guy whom you see who's the mean-spirited one is yourself. You're only projecting because of the nature of your psychosis.

I hope you can get help soon.

Good Luck! Rich

--
"We have met the enemy and he is us." - Pogo Possum
Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

Or pardoned. It's The Republican Way.

Reply to
Richard Henry

"Richard the Dreaded Libertarian"??? What is that, an acronym for horse's ass ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

"Winners never quit, quitters never win", Jack Bradley Budnik ~1956

Social systems are wildly chaotic, so there's almost no correlation between intent and long-term effects. All any well-intentioned person or country can do is make a guess and try. Or, as some prefer, cluck and do nothing.

"Right" has little meaning in the context of military excursions. OK, no meaning.

John

What was that lesson?

John

I don't know who in hell Neville Chamberlain was, but if there were a NG election for Mister mean-spirited, divisive, and destructive, I know whom my money would be on.

Thanks, Rich

--
"We have met the enemy and he is us." - Pogo Possum
Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 02:16:45 +0000, John S. Dyson wrote: ...

Here's another example of unthinking.

Do you even know what "mean-spiritedness" means?

Aren't the "Liberals" the ones who want to help people, while you "conservatives" want to put them in camps or just kill them outright?

Inquiring Minds Want To Know. Rich

--
"We have met the enemy and he is us." - Pogo Possum
Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

I think you need some serious medical[1] attention.

Hope you get better! Rich [1]psychiatric, of course.