OT: Political dead horse

So, the machinist brought in his flat-screen TV today, to watch the UCLA/ USC game while he operates machine tools. I happened by just as he was getting it all plugged in and stuff, and it turns out it has an embedded DVD player, and it happened to have "Fahrenheit 9/11" in it. Saw a snippet or so, while he tried to adjust his video, and, Whoo-EE! I can sure see how the neocons hate the f*ck out of that flick, and accuse MM of being the antichrist and all that crap.

One of these days, I'm gonna have to sit throught that whole movie, just to see to what depths of depravity and corruption those neocons will stoop to to ramrod their agenda through the heart and soul of the United States.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

You might want to read a history of Germany in the 20th century - they had a certain amount of trouble with irrational right-wingers. Looking back with the wisdom of hindsight, we can all see how evil Hilter was from the start of his political career, but back then a lot of people took a long time to wake up.

They may have had doubts about his cavalier ways with civil rights and legal niceities - but forgave his excessive enthusiasm, since he was just going after the communists and some highly suspicious minority groups .......

------------ Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

And Stalin was just going after the capitalists and some highly suspicious minority groups .......

Who killed more? Bottom line, probably Stalin.

John

They're both pikers compared to Mao Zedong and he was more of an equal opportunity killer.

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

p.

I guess you must like fairy tales.

Reply to
jimpgh2002

How about fantasy games like WMD hunts?

Reply to
xray

The following UK TV documentaries were excellent:

Andrew Holme

Hey, we're making progress: you now admit that America has a "heart" and a "soul."

John

Richard the Dreaded Libertarian wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@example.net:

I'm glad you're starting with an unbiased viewpoint.

Question;will you bother to read any of the many articles refuting Moore's movie?

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Please be so kind as to show me the parts that aren't true.

Thank you very much, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippi

Yeah, as if you're not biased. LOL!

There's no need to - all the neocons have been doing since the reinstallment of prince George has been spewing venom "refuting" Moore's movie. There is no other thing on the TV to watch! There is no other thing in the newspapers to read except for the fanatical venom spewed against M. Moore, as if they want to accuse him of being the antichrist, when we all know, deep in our heart, that it's the neocons that are the incarnation of the antichrist.

Are you a witch?

No?

Prove it!

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippi

Well, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, flies like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, you're probably being swindled.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

That's a start.

Reply to
jimpgh2002

In article , Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippie wrote: [...]

This is not true. There are other things in the news. In my local paper there's a weather report although its usually wrong too.

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

Newspapers are full of politics for the same reason they are full of sports: it's cheap to acquire and amuses most of the morons who read it.

John

First you claim that you never used to sign yourself as "Rich, the Dreaded Newsgroup Liberal" (and fail to respond when it's proved to you that you did, with Googled evidence) and now you've forgotten the thread here titled "Fifty-six Deceits in Fahrenheit 911" (for which Google if you believe it never appeared in SED)?

Seriously Rich, political BS aside, you might want to consider getting tested for Alzheimer's ot other memory disorders.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
Mark Fergerson

The very best part of the story, though not in the movie or the "directors chapter" on the DeeVeeDee, is how Michael More took the "anti-neocon" money from the swill and invested it .... and what stocks he bought.

Michael Moore has certainly learned a lot from Goebbels both in his presentation techniques and the engineering of "facts" from random garbage.

But it does not matter:

People are generally weak, they need confirmation of their personal prejudices and strange belief systems. That is what "Media" these days provide, emotional massage and support.

Michael More is just mining a different market segment (A segment that talk a lot about exploitation but cannot see that they are amongst the exploited).

Reply to
Frithiof Andreas Jensen

The US economy is absurdly resiliant. I attribute that almost entirely to the fact that nobody is in charge.

John

Trade defecit = foreign aid.

Budget deficit = Keyensian economics.

I thought you approved of both.

John

I thought "trade deficit" was a bugaboo used to guilt-trip Americans for having more money than the countries we buy stuff from.

I have a trade deficit with the grocery store - every time I buy some food, the store gets some of my money, but the store never buys anything from me, ergo, trade deficit.

I thought that was just "borrow and spend" politics.

I like being rich enough to buy stuff all over the world, yes. About borrowing, well, as long as they'll keep loaning it, we'll keep spending it!

Cheers! Rich