OT: Political dead horse

Have you looked at the correlation with soft-drink and junk- food consumption?

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

I don't know why John does not accept my mathematics, and I fail to see why it is the same logic as falling in volcanoes not being harmful. People that don't climb volcanoes don't fall in it, but people that don't smoke, still have a good chance of getting a lung cancer.

It seems that there is a large 'noise floor' because so many non-smokers catch the desease as well, ~15% so I'm told. But 15% is not the noise floor, it is twice that, 30%, let me explain.

If 15% of all lung cancers is found in known non-smokers, how many of the lung cancers in the smokers group is *NOT* related to their smoking? I'd say at least the same number as we see in the 15% group. After all, the group of smokers suffer from that nasty noise-floor as well.

That means that 30% of all lung cancers is the actual and factual noise floor that we see. In that group we see smokers and non-smokers. And I would not mind seeing JT in that group, smoking or non-smoking.

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove 'q' and '.invalid' when replying by email)

Condi, Rummy, Cheney. Smart people always try to hire people who are smarter than themselves.

John

So, if I were a smoker, and if 5/6 of all other smokers quit, that would make smoking perfectly risk-free for me.

Right?

John

[snip]

Ain't that the truth! I always had a policy of hiring people who were after my job.

...Jim Thompson

It's been proven again and again they're all a pack of inverterate liars, you just haven't been paying attention. You believe the new lies used to cover up the old. For example, Bush and his gang order up a specific intelligence message, making the first lie, and when caught blame the CIA for bad intelligence, which is the second lie.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

That statement is a legitimate opinion.

And that statement is a personal insult.

There's a difference.

Insult, and an unwarranted assumption to boot.

Probably not correct, but your opinion. I will refrain from insulting you on the basis of what you believe.

John

John Larkin wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Just like company presidents hiring good managers,who hire good engineers and techs.The President sets the goals(policy)and provides leadership,oversees the work.

The grunts do the work.

8-)
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Jim Thompson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Why would one hire a manager(a people-person) to do engineering work?

IMO,(generalization here) managers make poor engineers or techs,and engineers/techs make lousy managers.

There are exceptions,as usual.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

That's interesting, do you have more about this 'breakdown' for us?

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Al Gore had a breakdown? I guess I missed that, and googling for it didn't help. Do you have a reference?

Reply to
Richard Henry

In my design world the manager is the LEAD DESIGNER.

...Jim Thompson

I made a New Year's resolution to no longer pick on the mentally deficient.

Therefore I cannot respond.

...Jim Thompson

Gosh, since you're the smartest person here, so everyone else is by definition mentally deficient, you can't pick on anybody for a whole year.

What a relief. You can talk to us about electronics. Remember electronics?

John

I should have appended "political" ;-)

Dumb-ass circuit solutions are still subject to attack. (But no name calling :-)

I'm trying to ;-)

You will recall that I provided a very substantial development of a circuit to trace 32 cables. And that was DIGITAL... well outside my normal expertise.

How about someone presenting some real nasty circuit design problems? And I'll take a crack at them.

...Jim Thompson