OT: Pi Day tonight (3/14/15 at 9:26:54 (3.141592654)

How many eggs can you carry in both hands without a tray and without dropping any. I've tried it and it's about 12 (depending on the uniformity and size of the eggs). Most agricultural units of measure have a similar basis depending on what a peasant could carry.

In theory, you could carry 14 eggs. 9 on the bottom row arranged in 3x3. 4 more in the 2nd row arranged 2x2. 1 on top. However, with the invention of extra-huge-jumbo monster eggs, this is difficult especially because the top egg is easily toppled. 12 is more reasonable approximation assuming a disorderly arrangement of the bottom row. (This is what one learns on a chicken ranch).

Note: In some parts of the world, egg stacking is an art form:

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

And they debunked Witherspoon claiming he made them as a lie.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

You forgot this one: which would make a nice template or overlay.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

During the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake, the entire area moved about 2 meters north. I later verified the movement with my GPS. (Selective availabily was still enabled for GPS so this required an all day average). I don't think that continental drift is going to be as big a factor as earthquakes, where everything in the area changes, and not always equally. Actually, it's not as bad as that because the county marks its property lines from the nearest surveyed benchmarks. Just change the benchmarks and all is well until the next earthquake.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

I suppose next you're going to want hot dogs in 8-packs or hot dog buns in 10-packs?

30 also has a lot of factors.
Reply to
krw