OT: Pi Day tonight (3/14/15 at 9:26:54 (3.141592654)

Yes, it was American Pi.

Syd
Reply to
Syd Rumpo

What a terrible pun. Bye-bye!

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

A peloton?

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

You are beyond stupid.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I knew you'd miss that one.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

One of my customers does everything in "work weeks", as in "that's due in WW31." Most annoying.

They are always late, anyhow.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

"Some of y'all" is perfectly correct. So I guess is "all of y'all", meaning the entire crowd.

English is fun.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Navigation must become a PITA.

Stardate?

AIUI, surveyors use grads. The HP45 allowed grads for trig functions.

Not going to happen. No reason.

Reply to
krw

Or in NW New Yayk, youse guys.

That's funny!

Reply to
krw

There will still be a dozen eggs in a carton since 12 is divisible by

2,3,6,and 4. Ten is only divisible by 2 or 5.

Bill Bowden

Come back in a thousand years, and I anticipate that it won't have changed. There will never be a compelling reason, and nor a convenient time to do it.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

That's exactly my point, though coming back to see might prove interesting.

Reply to
krw

I seriously doubt that. We will be measuring time in mega seconds before anyone orders a half liter of beer.

I remember grad on my calculator in college and never knew what it was for. Now I know.

--

Rick
Reply to

You mean the dozen of 18? 13 is a baker's dozen, I guess 18 is the chicken's dozen.

--

Rick
Reply to

Yoda-speak proposing you are?

--

Rick
Reply to

Think of it as 221.5 Baker Street... Would you write 0.5+221?

--

Rick
Reply to

Yeah, you're probably right: "Pub threatened with hefty fine after serving lager in litre glasses instead of pints"

A little background: It has also been suggested that the rhyme records the attempt by King Charles I to reform the taxes on liquid measures. He was blocked by Parliament, so subsequently ordered that the volume of a Jack (1/2 pint) be reduced, but the tax remained the same. This meant that he still received more tax, despite Parliament's veto. Hence "Jack fell down and broke his crown" (many pint glasses in the UK still have a line marking the 1/2 pint level with a crown above it) "and Jill came tumbling after". The reference to "Jill", (actually a "gill", or 1/4 pint) is said to reflect that the gill dropped in volume as a consequence.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

No, although it does sound similar. Yoda Speak ends the sentence in a verb. This is similar to the "rule" not to end a sentence with a preposition. I'm not proposing either. I want adverbs and adjectives to follow verbs and nouns, as they now do in the various romance languages (French, Italian, Spanish). Instead of: The bull moose quickly escaped with little effort. it would be: The moose bull escaped quickly with effort little. No big deal, methinks.

This is something up with which I could probably put. (My apologies to Winston Churchill).

Out of curiosity, let's see how my previous posting above would sound in Yoda Speak: For the date I prefer ymd as in 2015-03-15, so it sorts in the that. Correct order. To the big endian date or msd (most significant digit). Left. Hms (hour minute second) and dms (degree minute second) are. Already correct and amazingly consistent. Yes, hmmm.

Now, if only change english so that adverbs and adjectives, we could. Follow the verb or noun, of precede instead, become, the language would. With the number big endian and consistent, date, and navigation. Systems.

Ugh... not so good. This is going to take some work. Never mind.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

I think that we will learn a few things from crop circle analysis and decoding.

Yes... about ten are hoaxes, but the rest are NOT made by man.

Here is one right here in our nation. Probably still there, considering the nature of its construction.

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

To be fair, it should be 5.122.

Once you've evaluated numerical algorithms and print/display methods, you have some appreciation for the arbitrariness of language. At least in comparison to the arbitrary endianness of the computing system in question.

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs
Electrical Engineering Consultation