OT: I've found the problem

I was in the US Navy for a week, and got to shoot some guns.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Hollywood is not the service. I guess some are want to get their education from Hollywood.

Reply to
tom

I work for a large Japanese company and that's how we're told to dress when we're in front of customers (other large multi-nationals). Even the "suits" rarely wear suits. The dress code at work is jeans and shirts (t-shirts are discouraged, unless they're company shirts ;-).

Reply to
krw

The author of "Dilbert" made a pretty good living off drawing comics playing to the "le sigh, everyone in the workplace/world is stupid and incompetent except for me, why can't everyone be as smart as me?" nerd-segment.

Reply to
bitrex

You're right, it's not.

"That's the joke."

Reply to
bitrex

thetica than actual work achievement. The 2 main things I learnt were

ll, yet totally unable to see it. Sadly for them I was correct on that one.

Dilbert is not about imagining oneself smarter than everyone else, it's abo ut the various stupidities that have become common practice in large busine sses, and that so many of us are all too aware of. A large percentage of em ployees can see them.

Something I learnt about large corps is that when you have multiple layers of management & therefore multiple layers of information flow, each flow di storts the situation for various reasons and the result is bad decisions, o ne hand not knowing what the other is doing, and bull waste rules way too m uch of the time. In that process the whole point of business gets subverted and replaced with people's petty agendas.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Yes, large corporations that suffer from poor management are often, well, bloated, inefficient, and mismanaged.

So don't work for 'em.

Reply to
bitrex

Remember the first month in Afganistan when we captured that California boy who joined Bin Laden? He previously went through a gangster rap phase, all because his father was like the guy in the picture. The same psychological phenomenon was portrayed in Rebel Without a Cause.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

about the various stupidities that have become common practice in large bu sinesses, and that so many of us are all too aware of. A large percentage o f employees can see them.

ers of management & therefore multiple layers of information flow, each flo w distorts the situation for various reasons and the result is bad decision s, one hand not knowing what the other is doing, and bull waste rules way t oo much of the time. In that process the whole point of business gets subve rted and replaced with people's petty agendas.

correct answer.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

"Rebel Without a Cause", one of my all-time favorite movies. Too bad that James Dean died so early in life :-(

I was 15 years old when I first saw it. ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

     Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

The travel bag is described as "resolutely masculine".

In what universe?

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
alien8752

All because of that, huh? That's fascinating, how did you discover this information?

Reply to
bitrex

Weighs less than 75 lbs

Reply to
bitrex

Just looks like a heroin addict to me.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

He looked more to me like a UCal Berkeley journalism student >:-} ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

     Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

     Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

CNN talking head.

Reply to
krw

If only there had been one movie with him, Steve McQueen, and Marlon Brando.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

I learned this morning on Larry Kudlow's radio show that Harvard was established illegally because the king had to approve the creation of any organization, and they didn't ask him.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

...and... Rock Hudson! That would be just perfect! - oh er..

Reply to
Cursitor Doom