I've lost an opamp

About a week ago I found an opamp that would drive 32R headphone, at less than .01%THD but it wasnt one of those namby pamby masterbating

5V jobs, it could also run at at least+- 12V, down to +- 2.5V and I can't find it again. I thought it was natsemi, but can't find it now

I've searched allegro analog cirrus linear Ti natsemi Onsemi, didn't bother with NXP probably not IRF

mouser digikey farnell rswww etc, etc,

been though the tempfiles/cache on 2 PC's No luck. So much for the paperless office!

who/what have I missed, apart from some really bad company search engines

HALP

Martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

Thou shalt not forget the wiki or bookmark entry ...

Serioulsy, this is where a LAN drive with a public access partition comes in handy.

It wasn't by any chance the AD797?

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

LM833? An inexpensive low-distortion dual. +-15V supply capable. I don't claim to have considered how well it will drive headphones directly, but it's short-circuit protected...

Ecnerwal

32 R load, that AD797 is a wimp

Martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

Nope it's a newby , LM833 is ok though

Martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

It seem to be able to swing a few volts at 32ohms. But not rail to rail, of course.

So, if you really want to blow your ear drums out after plopping in the Stairway to Heaven CD check out the TPA6120:

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Never heard of that, I'll altavista it, in the morning, unless you have a url?

Martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

It's unlikely to hold your THD spec when at full bore and Jason Bonham hits the drums.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

What I meant is to run a little hard disk thingie on your LAN. In my case it's a Western Digital "MyBook-World", running 24/7. This can be partitioned into, for example, one area that everyone in the house accesses and another just for you. The public partition would then get various directories into which stuff is sorted and you could also copy your bookmark file there. I use wiki style pages that are formatted in HTML and grow in information content as I come across it. They can be opened with any web browser, from anywhere in the house.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

My drum kit, doesn't specify THD.

But even more OT, had a game of cricket on Sunday, and I scored 8 runs in my allotted 12 balls, not bad :-) No ambulances were called, just one hospital visit, thankfully

Martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

"Martin Griffith"

See:

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Thanks Phil, this lil bugger was stereo as well, in S08, standard dual pinout, so bloody frustrating, and google is useless for this sort of thing. Might have to resort to the loonies on hifi forums, ugh.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

They will most likely try to talk you into a Svetlana or Sovtek tube :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

TS613 (ADSL line driver) from STMicro looks like what you need. You can find it here:

You win some and you lose some.
As long as I win the ones you lose that\'s fine by me.
Reply to
Hot Jock

Damn, surface mount parts are gettting so small, they're easy to lose. :-) Mike

Reply to
amdx

they is

Martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

"Martin Griffith"

** This is a +5 volt supply, dual op-amp designed for 16 to 32 ohm headphones

It delivers 70 to 100 mW into such phones, at low THD.

That ain't " namby pamby " at all.

It is quite enough power to permanently damage a person's hearing.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

A good alternative to a bookmarks file is to sign up at

and install the browser extension so you can just "add to delicious" on any page, and your bookmarks are always available on the net from any computer.

Clifford Heath.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

"Martin Griffith" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Buffalo Linkstation f.ex.

Reply to
Frithiof Andreas Jensen

Clifford Heath snipped-for-privacy@spam.please.net posted to sci.electronics.design:

Yes, but your collection is being mined for aggregate behaviors.

Reply to
JosephKK