OT: Funding for Ebola

On Wednesday, October 15, 2014 11:54:51 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrot e:

low intelligence types like:

The playbook:

"Propaganda Techniques" is based upon "Appendix I: PSYOP Techniques" from " Psychological Operations Field Manual No.33-1" published by Headquarters; D epartment of the Army, in Washington DC, on 31 August 1979. Appendix by Jon Roland, July, 1998.

"Insinuation. Insinuation is used to create or stir up the suspicions of th e target audience against ideas, groups, or individuals in order to divide an enemy. The propagandist hints, suggests, and implies, allowing the audie nce to draw its own conclusions. Latent suspicions and cleavages within the enemy camp are exploited in an attempt to structure them into active expre ssions of disunity which weaken the enemy's war effort. Exploitable vulnera bilities."

Insinuation Devices

"Humor: Humor can be an effective form of insinuation. Jokes and cartoons a bout the enemy find a ready audience among those persons in the target coun try or military camp who normally reject straightforward accusations or ass ertions. Jokes about totalitarian leaders and their subordinates often spre ad with ease and rapidity. However, the psychological operator must realize that appreciation of humor differs among target groups and so keep humor w ithin the appropriate cultural context."

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

That has to be the WORST article, purporting to be on logic!

Reply to
RobertMacy

Did UK news tell how in order to avoid a mandatory draft to fill the military quotas, they instead lowered the intelligence requirement for those volunteering. ? Interesting to see how well the 'military men' sent there fare.

Reply to
RobertMacy

From the 'wild' conspiracy theorists I just heard that the newsman was purposely contaminated as an'object lesson' to dissuade other news service cameramen from going and thus limit camera coverage to only 'authorized' versions.

Reply to
RobertMacy

Previous outbreaks had been small and died out. It was, up til now, miniscule compared to malaria, HIV, pneumonia. But even so, some work was being done on it.

We'll see, I guess.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

-dilemma

It's just a friggin definition, but you see this all the time where idiots ask why are we spending money on this and not that, or asking why are they concentrating on this and not that, when the reality is there are plenty of resources to do everything coincidentally.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

I agree that often someone will presnt two alternatives when there are more.

I do NOT agree that there are plenty of resources to do everything coincidentally. Well, maybe if we could remove all that waste. :)

Reply to
RobertMacy

There are lots of pandemic diseases for which no vaccine has been successfu l. Then there is the old fallback, failure to produce a vaccine for rhinovi rus, the common cold.

Some viruses can be very tough, mutating in some way to evade antibodies an d lymphocytes, or going provirus until the antibody population subsides ,or or or- they have plenty of mechanisms to survive. The MSM is misleading people into thinking the monoclonal antibody serum fo r ebola is a cure. I would be very nervous about that, it is not proven to be a cure, the ebola could bounce back anytime for any number of reasons. T his is just another experiment. Those people should be monitored 24/7, they are all potential carriers/spreaders. As big as the US is, as few as 100 c ases would swamp them, and if it gets into 1000s, it will be hopeless.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

About as well as a troop of trained chimps..

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

O himself said that you can't pick up ebola on a bus, so I guess nobody can contradict him. So they are hunting down all the airline passengers from the flight the nurse took. And passengers on later flights of the same plane. And they have taken the plane out of service.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

On his second ER visit Duncan had something pretty close to projectile vomiting and diarrhea, and was massively soiled with both.

That's brilliant.

Yes, he lied. On his first ER visit whoever came with him told the triage nurse that Duncan had come from West Africa. Asked if he'd had any exposure to illness, he said he hadn't.

He lied getting out of Liberia, and likely lied to his host family, otherwise they wouldn't have taken the risks they initially took.

A few days later, when he was violently ill, the host family plainly suspected the worst--they called an ambulance because they (from their own account) were too afraid to touch him.

It's absolutely criminal. They suspected, but warned no one AFAICT. They let the ambulance crew handle him, let the ER treat him as any other ordinary patient, etc. Criminal.

But what you miss is that *this* is what the relying on our *government* nannies gets us, here. Our bureaucrats aren't selected on merit like yours are.

Nurse #2 was plainly uncomfortable about flying, until the *government* told her it was okay. They're idiots.

Agreed. I bet applying your UV dye test on that de-gloving procedure would turn a lot of hands purple, and a lot of faces red.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

an-t-get-ebola-bus

ched.

nd in

Well now you know why it's spreading like wildfire in Africa, duh. The ambu lance crew is lucky the family didn't try to hack them to pieces like they do in Africa.

Answering yes to any of the *self-screening* questions makes it mandatory t o stay in 21 day quarantine there. This guy couldn't wait, there was huge c ountry with 330 million people waiting for his ebola.

CDC is about as expert as it gets in preventing transmission of super deadl y diseases, there is none better. They know how to protect people from the disease, they have decades of successful experience on the frontlines. The Dallas hospital and health department dropped the ball.

r.html

The reports are she reported she did NOT have a fever before the flight. No fever means level of infection was not contagious.

Unnecessary.

There first order of business to prevent any more west Africans from enteri ng the U.S., self-screening is ridiculous. They could also round up every s ingle one of them who entered the country within past 30-days, draw blood s ample for ebola nucleotide testing, hold them until the results come back n egative. The nucleotide test usually gives a positive result within 24 hour s of infection, it is not necessary to detect symptoms.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Was it an Airbus?

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Yes, but it's awkward. You have to paint it on a coconut and have two mosquitoes grip it by the husk.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

On Thursday, October 16, 2014 8:10:08 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wr ote:

e:

ound in

ng to

s.

s.

bulance crew is lucky the family didn't try to hack them to pieces like the y do in Africa.

to stay in 21 day quarantine there. This guy couldn't wait, there was huge country with 330 million people waiting for his ebola.

2nd
*

dly diseases, there is none better. They know how to protect people from th e disease, they have decades of successful experience on the frontlines. Th e Dallas hospital and health department dropped the ball.

ker.html

No fever means level of infection was not contagious.

sis/ "This nurse, Nurse Vinson, did in fact call the CDC several times before taking that flight and said she has a temperature, a fever of 99.5, and the person at the CDC looked at a chart and because her temperature wasn't 100.4 or higher she didn't officially fall into the category of high risk," said Dr. LaPook on the CBS Evening News.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

And as long as we're on the topic of GODDAMNED MORONS- you're another one. You come down hard on the CDC but hold that ATROCIOUS DOD CESSPOOL at Ft Detrick in high regard! JUST UNBELIEBVABLE!

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Didn't James Arthur's father run it for some years?

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

So, ONE SAMPLE point?

Teriffic decision making there.... When you're sick with a fever, doesn't the temp vary quite a bit through the day?

Reply to
mpm

These places usually have a military command for the facilities and base operations, and a civilian management for the scientific organization and programs. He was always deliberately vague about which one his father worked in.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

I'm just reporting. Their website exudes "mush-brain," which reflects on the culture. For example, try finding what federal agency they report to on their site. (It's probably there but I gave. Found it instantly at HHS.)

When Nurse Vinson called them, they told her she could fly with a fever. Nice job, CDC!

I have no overall opinion on USAMRIID @ Ft. Detrick -- not enough information. The people I met that cold winter of 1993-4, however, were top-notch.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat