LVS in cascode ..it seems to match but :(

hi all! as someone of you knows, I'm trying to project a cascode amplifier by myself. I finished the schematic and now I'm working on the layout (never done before, God save me please..)

here is my schematic:

here is the entire layout I designed

and some relevant particulars:

- M1 and IN1

- connection between M1 and M0 and IN0

- connection between M0 and the resistance connected to vdd

(Do you think my layout should match the schematic? take a look to the pins ..I'm not sure they are ok)

1.: I run VRC and it sad only something about the density of my MET1 and POLY1 areas ..I didn't care ..hope I was right

2.:Then I extracted the circuit and run LVS ..LVS does not recongnise that I mad my MOS with 13 gates instead of one and give me some errors about it. Then there are some errors I'm not able to understand ..here it is:

######START

@(#)$CDS: LVS.exe version 5.1.0 07/02/2006 21:13 (cicln01) $

Command line: /nfsd/iccad/cds/ic5141b/tools/dfII/bin/32bit/LVS.exe -dir /home/bassimat/CAD/LVS -l -s -t /home/bassimat/CAD/LVS/layout /home/bassimat/CAD/LVS/schematic Like matching is enabled. Net swapping is enabled. Using terminal names as correspondence points.

Net-list summary for /home/bassimat/CAD/LVS/layout/netlist count 6 nets 5 terminals 26 nmos4 1 rpoly2

Net-list summary for /home/bassimat/CAD/LVS/schematic/netlist count 6 nets 5 terminals 2 nmos4 1 rpoly2

Terminal correspondence points N0 N2 IN0 N4 N7 IN1 N3 N6 OUT N2 N1 gnd! N1 N0 vdd!

Devices in the netlist but not in the rules: nmos4 pcapacitor rpoly2

Ill-defined correspondence points.

N0 N2 Accepted because one is a subset of the other N3 N6 Accepted because one is a subset of the other N4 N7 Accepted because one is a subset of the other N2 N1 Accepted because one is a subset of the other N2 N1 Accepted because one is a subset of the other N0 N2 Accepted because one is a subset of the other N3 N6 Accepted because one is a subset of the other N4 N7 Accepted because one is a subset of the other

Device summary for layout bad total nmos4 26 26

Device summary for schematic bad total nmos4 2 2

The net-lists failed to match.

layout schematic instances un-matched 26 2 rewired 0 0 size errors 0 0 pruned 0 0 active 27 3 total 27 3

nets un-matched 1 1 merged 0 0 pruned 0 0 active 6 6 total 6 6

terminals un-matched 0 0 matched but different type 0 0 total 5 5

Probe files from /home/bassimat/CAD/LVS/schematic

devbad.out: I /MN1 ? Device does not cross-match. I /MN0 ? Device does not cross-match.

netbad.out: N /net14 ? Net does not cross-match. It has 2 connections.

mergenet.out:

termbad.out:

prunenet.out:

prunedev.out:

audit.out:

Probe files from /home/bassimat/CAD/LVS/layout

devbad.out: The no. of lines exceeded than specified by the variable lvsLimitLinesInOutFile. To see the complete information please see the file: /home/bassimat/CAD/LVS/layout/devbad.out

netbad.out: N /6 ? Net does not cross-match. It has 26 connections.

mergenet.out:

termbad.out:

prunenet.out:

prunedev.out:

audit.out:

######END

I run a simulation on the extracted circuit but the result is horrible ..it's another circuit :(

can give me some suggestion about my layout? am I making some big mistakes?

thank you all!

matteo

Reply to
Matteo