Looking for (particular) video camera

Not any particular model, but with the following characteristics:

- video out, not usb

- optical zoom

- decent quality (see below)

- low power battery operation

- tripod socket

- small

Richt now i'm using a older fuji digital camera with a cracked screen (cost was all of $2), it has a nice optical zoom, a tripod socket, av out, and will run for a couple of hours on a pair of AA Nimh cells - BUT, the av out quality is terrible, very pixelated; I think it just duplicates the pixels on the screen, so although the camera sensor is good what I get for video is not.

I can make boxes and solder small parts and such; so if I have to add a socket or a power supply that's no problem.

Oh, I almost forgot:

- cheap

Reply to
_

Keep in mind that if you're going through a composite video output, you're using low def and won't even get VGA resolution.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

using

I have a Fujifilm FinePix A210, that I got a coujple of years ago for $139.99 or so; I was surprised to find that it's got live NTSC video out! Of course, I plugged it into the video in of my TV, and it was like broadcast-quality video, in real-time. No sound, of course.

I'm not offering my camera for sale or anything, just giving an example of what can be had these days.

Have you tried ebay?

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I've noticed a lot of '90s camcorders at flea markets and consignment shops. As someone else stated, digital cameras can have video out. My Canon S3 has it. Video quality is quite good. Don't know about low power, though, it is a photo camera. Lithium AAs last a good while.

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1