OT: Funding for Ebola

I meant the African *health-care folks* are gonna die, if they stake their lives those Centers for Disease Control guidelines. Our troops too. They're soldiers, not nurses.

If you go to the CDC's website, your Vogon detector will instantly explode.

We all do, don't we? We're all one plane passenger or hitch-hiker away.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Very good point. Scary.

Reply to
John S

If that's not part of CDC recommendations, it should be! Cuz so easy to do.

Reply to
RobertMacy

Here is some world-class doubletalk:

Or tripletalk.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I don't know if I should offer this or not. There is a tremendous amount of misinformation and misunderstanding swirlng around this topic. But there may be a solution.

As far as I can determine, I am the world's leading expert on the production and use of high-ionic silver solutions. Most of the information you may have encountered on colloidal silver is completely wrong, and is based on decades-old myths and misunderstandings.

Over the decades, I have developed a complete description of how silver ions are generated in silver electrolysis, and how to obtain the highest ionic concentration possible. This is essential for the next step, which is how the silver ions are utilized in the body by the immune system to hunt down and destroy foreign invaders, such as viruses.

It turns out that viruses can mimic normal body processes and hide from the immune system. Thus they can continue to do their damage by provoking abnormal immune system responses that kill the victim. The viruses do not do the damage - it is completely the victim's overreaction that kills him or her.

However, antibodies against the invader can tell the immune system which proteins to attack. These are on the outside surface of a virus or bacteria. The invader can no longer hide from the overwhelming ability of the native imune system, and it is destroyed.

My research shows that as little as 27 parts per billion of silver ions in the bloodstream can provide the necessary function to the immune system so it can hunt down and destroy the invading viruses. I admit I don not know how this happens or how the immune system utilizes the silver ions. But it is similar to the trace elements needed by the body o \to perform normal functions, such as chromium, selenium, copper, and other metals that are required in very small amounts for the body to function and survive.

As well as developing the complete theoretical description of how silver electrolysis functions, I have also developed an advanced silver ion generator that performs far above any commercial generator that is available on the market. A major accomplishment is to provide the ability to detect any contamination due to poor processing of the distilled water used in the process, or bad silver electrodes that may have been contaminated in previous batches.

After you have spent the money for the silver electrodes, the cost of the process is negligible - a few pennies per dose. The electrodes will last for years - you can will them to your children. The only problem is to ensure you have a good source of distilled water, and that you monitor it constantly to prevent contaminating your electrodes when the vendor goes down.

As I have not been infected with Ebola, and I do not know anyone who has, I cannot guaranteet the effectiveness of silver ions against this pathogen.

However, I have seen the results against very potent viruses such as herpes simplex, herpes zoster, and other virulent pathogens, and I feel this would be a worthwhile approach to take.

It would cost nothing to try, it would have absolutely no side effects, and as far as I can see, it has the best chance of success.

Reply to
Tom Swift

He said it's no big deal as long as you don't touch anything they touched.

The real weakness I see is the poor ER workers. They can't walk around in space suits all the time, yet they almost have to if people are going to come in with Ebola and lie about it.

Meanwhile, Obama canceled a fundraiser (that's "more important than having an embassy under attack"!!), and the Vogons at CDC told the 2nd nurse she was good to fly with a fever because it hadn't hit 100.4F (which it crossed a few hours later).

Cheers, James

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Notice that he didn't cancel a round of golf. Priorities.

Reply to
krw

Ebola is JV.

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Obviously.

Reply to
krw

Can Ebola be spread through mosquitos?

There is no evidence that mosquitos or other insects can transmit Ebola virus. Only mammals (for example, humans, bats, monkeys and apes) have shown the ability to spread and become infected with Ebola virus.

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

That article is a false dilemma fallacy, it never fails to draw in the low intelligence types like:

...who knows less about the government than the average fifth grader.

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Stunning !!! Absolutely speechless.

It is becoming more and more difficult to believe anything he says.

Reply to
mpm

The article was a humorous rejoinder to Dems, who are trying to blame Ebola on "GOP" budget cuts (under O's sequester).

If you want to see people buying in, read the comments over on Mother Jones.

Cheers, James

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

This is crazy:

A second Dallas nurse who had cared for the ebola patient - where one nurse had already been infected - called the CDC with a fever, and they blew her off.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Even crazier:

Obama promises to send a CDC medical SWAT team to any hospital with an ebola patient.

and

"In August, before the first U.S. infection, CDC Director Dr. Tom Frieden said: "We're confident that we have the facilities here to isolate patients, not only at the highly advanced ones like the one at Emory, but really at virtually every major hospital in the U.S."

"Every hospital in this county has the capability to isolate a patient, take the measures, put them in place to ensure that any suspected case is immediately isolated and the follow-up steps that have been mentioned are immediately taken," Lisa Monaco, a homeland security and counterterrorism adviser to President Obama, said Oct.

3."

So, they have shipped Amber Vinson from Dallas to Emory.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Oh great!

The quack medicine men and snake oil salesmen are out in force. Only a matter of time before the ozone butter men turn up :(

Whilst there is no doubt that trace silver ions in water do have an antiseptic effect it is pure quackery to claim it as a miracle "cure".

Apart from Argyria which will make you look like a blue-grey alien.

The most famous US individual with the condition is a nutter called Stan Jones whose fear of Y2k drove him to consume way too much silver.

(I kid you not!)

I expect he is still consuming stale buns and canned beans...

Still it is better than radium poisoning which was a previous quack medicine du jour in the USA. Eben Byers the most famous victim of the Radiothor scam had to be buried in a lead casket.

There is someone else living with metallic mercury in their blood stream after a botched suicide attempt. Despite its bad reputation the liquid metal isn't all that toxic in vivo - though its soluble salts are lethal. Made the detail in the lungs highly visible in Xray.

Regards,
Martin Brown
Reply to
Martin Brown

No. Although they have to wear disposable gloves whenever they are in contact with patients (actually that has been standard practice in the UK for some decades). They are stuffed if he projectile vomits but at least they have some barrier for skin contact. The big problem is lots of people often touch their face without being aware of doing it.

There was a cute demo of hand to hand transfer done at one of the RI Xmas lectures where a harmless UV visible dye was on the hand of the lecturer and he shook hands with half a dozen children at the start of the lecture. At the end he explained what he had done they turned the main lights off and flooded with UV and the population spread was amazing. The point he was making was about the need to wash your hands.

Did the guy lie about his exposure? I haven't seen that in the UK news. (and it clearly would not be in his own best interest)

The way things are going to fail in America is because you value individual freedom so highly that you are prepared to sacrifice public safety. I hadn't realised the nurse had reported a fever to CDC before flying - unbelievable! (that wasn't reported on the UK news).

You are right - CDC really cannot tie their own shoelaces!

What was interesting is that a UK newsman donned the full protective gear as used at the hospital in question and it was clear when he tried to take it off according to the protocol that the inner pair of gloves rolled back with the outer pair leaving bare skin on the wrists. He got the inside out removal more or less right but the gloves looked like the inner ones were not long enough to ensure a safe barrier to skin.

OK someone who has done it many times would get better but this kit has to be foolproof if it is to be used by workers routinely and taken off safely whilst heavily contaminated at the end of a gruelling shift.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

I agree!

This is unforgivable, but in a culture that values individual freedom so highly that public safety takes second place is hardly surprising.

That is about the first sensible thing that they have promised to do. The level of containment needed is beyond normal hospital experience.

Military NBC trainers would be the other people who should look over the containment arrangements and train staff for deep containment. They will need proper training with something sufficiently irritating that they will know if they ever make a mistake - fine chilli powder dust or CS gas being commonplace. Mustard gas if you want to be really mean.

It is clear now that if you make a mistake with Ebola you are lucky to survive. The training has to take account of this lethal threat to life.

Basically CDC was arrogant, overconfident and under prepared.

It is also a wonderful demonstration of how the free market fails. Very little serious research has been done on drug development against Ebola because it was a disease of poor Africans who could not afford to pay.

I think the UK is rather short of full containment facilities for this virulent disease (total capacity about 25) but where they have them they really know how to use them for maximum effect.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Thanks for your opinions. They are completely erroneous. I won't even bother refuting them. Waste of my time.

Reply to
Tom Swift

Your entire life is a waste of your time. Hopefully that won't be the case much longer...

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred