OT: Counterfeit Money

Yakafilipinauza

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

area

Give it 5 years of deficit driven inflation. It won't even bother you then. Can you say Weimar.

Reply to
JosephKK

krw wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

last I heard,the metal is now worth more than a cent.

did you know you can tell the older copper alloy cents from the plated zinc ones by dropping them on a hard surface and listening to the sound they make? An alloy cent will ring while the plated zinc coin makes a duller sound.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Yeah, but even zinc prices have risen! ;-)

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

Only because of Obamaflation. Otherwise, the price will zinc, again. It wasn't that long ago that we had trouble selling scrap Zinc at any price. Solder, lead, tin, copper, aluminum, brass, bronze, even steel was easy, but we had to ship Zinc out of state to find a buyer.

Michael A. Terrell

Charlie E. wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I still pick up pennies I see on the ground.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Yeah, I pick up litter too. ;-)

Reply to
krw

Then why is dimbulb still laying around?

Michael A. Terrell

shit litter

Reply to
krw

You probably smoke tobacco and throw down your cigarette butts occasionally. I do not smoke... tobacco, and I do not throw anything down onto the ground... well... maybe a wimp every now and then.

So, you are shit, and you are the litterman, krw.

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan

Then he needs a bigger litter box?

Michael A. Terrell

Actually, metal prices peaked in 2006 or so. (Copper peaked out at something like $5/lb!) Zinc cents aren't economical to melt anymore.

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

You're the idiot that doesn't know about it.

The coin has an ELEVEN sided strike margin.

A hendecagon.

Reply to
UltimatePatriot

Whilst looking all this up, you can even find YOURSELF in the 'ol Funk and Wagnalls - see "bumfuckadumb"

Reply to
Richard Cranium

When I was there (early 1970's), Okinawa was essentially owned by the US - it was called a "protectorate". Dollars were the local currency. I kinda had the impression that the strippers were more or less free-lance.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Yabbut, isn't that primarily for good luck? ;-) I also do this; some years ago a superstitious friend told me that if it's tails-up, you're supposed to tap it three times and turn it over, then pick it up.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Too late ! It's public domain now. ;~)

Graham

-- due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment to my email address

Reply to
Eeyore

Hey, I can do dB calcs to an acceptable degree of accuracy in my head. Freaks people sometimes though. The trick is remembering the 'magic multipliers' of course. Oh and being able to multiply and divide using mental arithmetic.

Graham

-- due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment to my email address

Reply to
Eeyore

I had TWO !

The ordinary type and one with complicated scientific functions.