OT: Counterfeit Money

Crap, the Franklins in my wallet are for emergencies. A couple of $1 coins aren't going to do much. They'll leave embarrassing impressions in the leather, too. ;-)

Nonsense. They don't want another slot, nor do they have room for it in registers. Cash handling isn't only Diebold's problem.

Reply to
krw

You failed with the truth gain, AlwaysWrong.

Ever get your mommy's panties back in her hamper before she found out?

Reply to
krw

Wrong. Raid mommy's hamper again, DimBulb?

Reply to
krw

And then we pissed it away with the likes of Nixon, Reagan and the Bushes. Not to mention Carter and Clinton both of which who were nearly as bad. And most of the idiots in Congress over the last 40 years all playing their parts.

Reply to
JosephKK

You're an idiot.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

You appear to have far greater intimacy with such events than I.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

Wrong again, AlwaysWrong, but everyone including yourself knows that.

Reply to
krw

The intimacy occurs after you raid her hamper, DimBulb.

Reply to
krw

All 49 of him.

Michael A. Terrell

will

7 sides, not 5

J.A. Legris

brat. We had to move two ton boulders. We could only count to 3; we were too poor to have 5.

a lawn? we were lucky to have weeds.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

Sno-o-o-ort! I just bought Gran Torino... ending surprised the hell out of me :-(

...Jim Thompson

Gourmet Puzzles:

        What part of the fish are the "sticks"?

        Likewise where are the chicken "fingers" located?

[snip]

Is that why I kept getting them in my change? Businesses were trying to get rid of them?

What about the new presidential series of dollar coins?

Ask me about my vow of silence.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

You young punks have it easy. Back in my day we had to use a slide rule.

Now stay off my lawn!

                               -- Etaoin Shrdlu
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Jim Thompson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

yeah! ever since Unforgiven,it seems Eastwood is going for more realism in his movies.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

I even liked "Bridges of Madison County" ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Gourmet Puzzles:

        What part of the fish are the "sticks"?

        Likewise where are the chicken "fingers" located?

Get out of your rocker and try to run me of, old man! I'll hit you with my cane, I will!

Michael A. Terrell

In , Jim Yanik wrote in part:

On a more minor note, what happens with people who have tetartanopia? This is less than .1% of the population, but I know a tetartanope.

More significantly, the USA population has a lot of inertia in the area of what their currency has in form, shape and size.

And it appears to me that "dollar coins" mostly come "pushed onto me", from sources that many Americans can easily get irritated by:

  1. A few vending machines

  1. Those participating in the "Black Dollar Days" (or whatever they are called) events - passing dollar coins and bills.

  2. One bike shop I know - and I find a fair number of bike shops to have some sort or another of "attitude". When I go to that particular bike shop, I try to avoid paying cash in an amount exceeding purchase cost by any amount other than less than 1 dollar over a multiple of 5 dollars.

When I get dollar coins, I mostly like to deposit them to my checking account at my bank, or use them at token vending machines for the local public transit system. I find that my fellow Americans mostly dislike them.

It appears to me that Americans may get into a better mood to accept a new coin when an older one gets banished - as in the penny. A significant number of Americans appear to me to nearly consider pennies to be trash - I have even seen one dumping pennies into a wastebasket, and many dumping pennies into the streets along with emptied fastfood containers.

Don Klipstein

Gives me an idea: Get a roll of dollar coins from my bank. Use the SBA ones next time I need an inner tube, to spend at the bike shop closest to my day job, that likes to give dollar coins rather than bills.

(Worst consequence I can think of is being forced to go half a kilometer farther in a different direction to a different bike shop that has lower prices and that I like better anyway though I find it far from perfect.)

Don Klipstein

I have yet to see (endure?) those. Will I get those next time I go to the bike shop 1.8 kilometers east of my day job next time I make a cash purchase and get back change exceeding a multiple of $5 by $1 to $4.99?

Do they at least have the gold color that can help Americans that are neither blind nor tetartanopes? Do they have an distinctive edge that enables distinguishing from quarters by feel while they are still in a trousers pocket?

Don Klipstein