Reply to
krw

use

size

1
--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

A failure? Funny, there are THREE types of $1 coins out there currently that have the same size and weight, and vending machines have no problem disseminating between those and quarters. Only retards like Keith have such problems.

ALL of the vending machine makers for soda and many for food are now accepting the new dollar coin. I get rolls of them from the bank at every visit.

One dollar coin weighs less than 4 quarters does.

A failure? No. Keith's bent perception of the world is what is a failure.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

krw wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Oh,if the blind can't use them,that makes them a "miserable failure"?

BTW,my brother-in-law is blind.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

oins

Not only that slip money into the MBTA's new fare systems and you'll get=20 back dollar coins in change if necessary.=20

...in your wallet?

No, but that is one of the issues here with the size of the US currency, and is the issue with the SBA and Sackie.

...and that is important to me, how? If it's important to you, so was my mother for her last five years.

Reply to
krw

When I reply to you, I am answering a failure, AlwaysWrong.

Reply to
krw

use

size

I could have saved you 1.

Reply to
krw

use

size

Yeah... it's those lying pinko commie CIA factbook guys again...

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

You can already do that by simply remembering how much you have put in your pocket to begin with.

It is commonly referred to as a "running count".

Reply to
Kai

You expect that in a society that can't multiply 0.99 by five without getting out a calculator?

Reply to
AZ Nomad

No, what killed the Sackie was that *NO* one wanted them. Banks had to be bribed into buying them. Ad agencies were paid to sell the idea and they were still rejected (they can sell Eskimo Pies to Eskimos, but not dollar coins to Americans). Congress was too chicken to withdraw dollar bills, so the people had a choice. They chose to sack the injun.

Reply to
krw

the use

size

No, I can smell a Europeon without the CIA's help.

Reply to
krw

...and how much was in the pocket of the guy you're considering whacking.

...right behind ya...

Reply to
krw

Pockets full of bills are much easier to keep a running tally on than some numismatic delineation that doesn't exist.

If anyone cares that madly about how much of their last handful of change amounts to, they need more help than any gadget can supply.

Reply to
Kai

Banks do not "buy" coins. They designate how the money they will be getting is delivered.

Reply to
Kai

[snip]

The SBA and the quarter have ridged edges. The Sakejawea and the Presidents series dollars have smooth edges. The blind have no problems with the Sakejawea style dollars.

What killed them is this: When the new Sakejawea dollars came out, people and businesses started ordering them from banks and they were used. But at some point, the dollars coming back in to the banks was re-rolled. After the SBA debacle, the banks seem to have sacks of the SBAs that people refuse to use and they are mixing them in with the newer dollar coins. If you order a roll of dollar coins now, you generally get a mix. So people will have to contend with the dollar/quarter confusion. So now nobody orders them anymore.

The SBAs should have been recalled and destroyed before the newer dollars were placed into circulation.

This is the government our founding fathers warned us about.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

[snip]

You could then have a wallet or money clip that could tell you how much cash you had on you.

Oh crap.........gotta run.........off to the patent office.

-- Paul Hovnanian mailto: snipped-for-privacy@Hovnanian.com

------------------------------------------------------------------ Big business never pays a nickel in taxes, according to Ralph Nader, who represents a big consumer organization that never pays a nickel in taxes. -- Dave Barry

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

krw wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

yes. they don't get lost or used that way.strictly for emergencies.

no,the reason they are a "failure" is that people just don't want to carry their dollars as coins in their pockets.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Your views are a failure, as are any assessments you claim to be making.