numerical challenge

They still have three more problems with just hours remaining to deadline.

1) how many least significant zeroes in decimal expansion of 600! (factorial)

2) how many solutions to sin (theta)= -1/3 in interval [0, 25pi]

3) sum of all positive integers less than or equal to 61 divisible by 3 or 5

These are just high school problems for ages 12-18

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

The three remaining problems are as trivial as the simple arithmetic expone nt problem that you and others tried to blow up out of all proportion, but apparently not trivial enough for someone who thinks noting 171=170 + 1 i s insight and then follows with a bunch of unrelated hot air ...

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

problem that you and others tried to blow up out of all proportion, but apparently not trivial enough for someone who thinks noting 171=170 + 1 is insight and then follows with a bunch of unrelated hot air ...

Oh my - three replies from you to my one. Me thinks I've rattled someone's cage.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

ponent problem that you and others tried to blow up out of all proportion, but apparently not trivial enough for someone who thinks noting 171=170 + 1 is insight and then follows with a bunch of unrelated hot air ...

Methinks is just one word.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

I think Nobody should pick a better name. This had me going for a moment. Reminds me of that story about Everybody, Somebody, Anybody and Nobody...

Rick

Reply to
rickman