Layout interview

Hi,

I have an interview coming up in a month regarding layout or printed circuit board designer. I need to prepare for the interview. I have a two year experience of working with Orcad capture and OrCAD layout plus. Can anybody adivce me that how and what to prepare for the interview. any web site, FAQ, books, literature . Thanks John

Reply to
john

Multi-posting is a bad idea.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-appear+*-proper-answer-*-*-*-given+much-easier-*-*-*-*-what's-going-on+*-frowned-on+*-correcting+*-polite-*-mention-*-*-*-*-*-*-*+Just-because-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-does-not-mean-*-*-*-*-*-*+*-Followup-To-*+*-*-*-too-lazy-*-*-*-*-*-appropriate-*+*-*-_perfect_-*-*-*-*+*-*-*-*-two-groups-*-*-aren't-*-different

Reply to
JeffM

hi, john. i have books to send u , but i need your email

2 years experienc of working with capture and layout is enough i guest.

collect your works and mak them as a book try writing yourself higlihghts of conclusion, tips and patents you saw in this two years

learn on pcb proccessing and manufacturing process

search for diffrent methods of manufacturing

i mean dont try to learn a new stuff , just organize all your experience u have

anyway , there is a lot of sites dealing this subject just search them on web

try going to some library or university library and learn there

i had downloaded my ebooks by emule and bittorren programs, i have many hardcopies, so tell me what subject r u interested and i'll scan my hardcopies i have

i wish u all success, and let me know how is doing

Reply to
ozz.tall

If you really have two years experience, what's to study up for ???

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

  1. Bring a portfolio. Show the best of your work. Pictures of products, sample schematics (make sure they are complex enough to show that you have artistic balance), and sample plots of pcb stackups. Actual PC boards are also good.
  2. Know the lingo of the industry. If Orcad is your only experience, you might want to look through a few PCB books or program manuals.
  3. Know how the boards are manufactured and what that means to you as the designer.
  4. Don't wear cologne or perfume!!!! It makes a bad impression when the interviewer needs bleach to remove the stench from their hands (it's happened on a number of occasions) and air out the conference room.
--
Mark
Reply to

The IPC Web site's got some good material on it. After you sort through quite a bit else.

And I've always liked PCB Libraries

Robert

Reply to
Robert

by the way, i think you shuld know that orcad company isn't exist anymore because it was bought by cadence.

i was asked about problems i had in layouting , and how did i overcome them.

you can search on EMI and RFI phenomenas,

grounding and shding tricks.

uses of zero ohms resistors to separate analog and digital sources

there are many more...

Reply to
ozz.tall