interview preparation

hi people. i have an interview for mid-level software engineer at a well-known company which makes car audio and navigation. it has something to do with firmware and windows ce. they told me to come for a 45-minute 'software exam' in a group environment.

1.how do you suggest me to prepare for this kind of exam? any info where i can find good interview questions & answers for c/c++ and related sw topics or what kind of questions i'll be getting?

2.any idea if it's like a written exam or oral interview with a group of engineers? my feeling it might be a screening exam for first interview... any idea?

thanks!

Reply to
Jack

Bone up on your embedded specific coding stuff. Volatile, interrupts, const vs. ram, etc. I saw a really great article a year or so ago by Ganssle in Embedded Systems Programming. Talked about embedded specific interview questions or something like that.

Some companies give you the typical C questionaire. Stuff with pointers to pointers, design a good sort, etc. Stuff mid level folk should nail well. Some are trick questions to notice if you are paying attention, so check your work.

The WinCE stuff - dunno.

Group interview? Once I had one that was 4 people...put a code fragment on the board and asked me what was wrong with it. Not much to prepare for, just make sure you look for error paths, uninitialized stuff, etc. Try to be the complete person.

Good luck.

Reply to
Dave

a four person group interview sounds like the want to see if they think you will fit in, rather than how good you are. You could just as easily 'fail' such an interview for being too 'good' than for being crap.

tim

Reply to
tim

Don't waste your time with them if they're using windoze ce.

Remove "HeadFromButt", before replying by email.

Reply to
maxfoo

So how'd the interview go?

Reply to