Layout interview

Hi,

I have an interview coming up in a month regarding layout or printed circuit board designer. I need to prepare for the interview. I have a two year experience of working with Orcad capture and OrCAD layout plus. Can anybody adivce me that how and what to prepare for the interview. any web site, FAQ, books, literature . Thanks John

Reply to
john

Hi, John. For circuit board layout reading, you could do worse than starting with "Noise Reduction Techniques in Electronic Systems", 2nd Edition by Henry Ott.

Most of good board layout is just knowing about electronics -- you didn't mention your background in general electronics knowledge. If you feel a little light there, you might want to refresh with "The Art of Electronics" by Horowitz and Hill, and then glance at some of the books in this bibliography, depending on what your potential employer is doing:

Good luck on your interview Chris

Reply to
Chris

You might want to brush up on issues related to designing pcbs for EMC issues and electrical safety.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear