Nope, No One at the Helm

Today Gov Cuomo said they have about 4,000 ventilators and have 7,000 more ordered. But they are going to need 30,000 more in the next 3 weeks. GM a nd Ford aren't going to be able to supply those. In three weeks they will still be in talks. Tesla seems to have delivered 1,000 in California, but I've heard no details.

He also said they will need 140,000 hospital beds while they have 53,000. Clearly efforts to flatten the curve in NY are not working.

NY and other states are begging Trump to use his DPA powers to acquire more equipment but Trump is not doing a damn thing. He seems to be paralyzed. Well, not nothing. They are sending 400 ventilators from FEMA.

I guess NY should have voted for Trump. I bet Wisconsin gets the ventilato rs they need!

I wonder if this has anything to do with exponential growth???

--

  Rick C.

  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

e ordered. But they are going to need 30,000 more in the next 3 weeks. GM and Ford aren't going to be able to supply those. In three weeks they wil l still be in talks. Tesla seems to have delivered 1,000 in California, bu t I've heard no details.

Clearly efforts to flatten the curve in NY are not working.

re equipment but Trump is not doing a damn thing. He seems to be paralyzed . Well, not nothing. They are sending 400 ventilators from FEMA.

tors they need!

Blasio Mayor of NYC wanted to shut down non essential services but Cuomo said he could not do that , only Cuomo could do that. And so they did n ot do anything for about a week. And that is why NY has as many cases as the rest of the country.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

They should take possession of Trump Tower and turn it into an emergency hospital. It's not like anyone else will be staying there for the foreseeable future.

CH

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Clifford Heath wrote in news:2LyeG.717208$ snipped-for-privacy@fx34.iad:

I LIKE IT! -crazy red head in Robocop.

I'd say "I'd buy that for a dollar!"... but...

Probably full of Asbestos though!

And all his gold he paid a fortune for... they saw him coming. It is just microinch plated. At least one group got money out of the bastard.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

They should take your house, as well.

Reply to
Michael Terrell

The Tesla ones were imported by Elon Musk from China, believe it or not.

Reply to
Andy Bennet

Yes, and they were new-in-box. China now has extra (used) ventilators, and furthermore, they have offered to help us, but Trump has spurned (reject with disdain or contempt) their offers, as he did before from the WHO.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Michael Terrell wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Stupid f*ck. IT should take your life.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Winfield Hill wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@drn.newsguy.com:

As he did throughout his entire tenure in office as he trashed everything he could that Obama did.

Donald John Trump is a despicable criminal.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

e ordered. But they are going to need 30,000 more in the next 3 weeks. GM and Ford aren't going to be able to supply those. In three weeks they wil l still be in talks. Tesla seems to have delivered 1,000 in California, bu t I've heard no details.

Clearly efforts to flatten the curve in NY are not working.

re equipment but Trump is not doing a damn thing. He seems to be paralyzed . Well, not nothing. They are sending 400 ventilators from FEMA.

It's actually 4000. Cuomo can't do math. While ranting he said, we need

30K, they are sending 400, who is going to tell the 26K they are going to d ie?

But you're right about using DPA. The feds need to determine the total sup ply, the run rate, take control of the supply, allocate it, figure out how to cl ose the gap. I knew Trump was a lying no good shyster from before he ran. But even I underestimated his stupidity with something like this. A ten year old could grasp it.

tors they need!

Reply to
Whoey Louie

ore ordered. But they are going to need 30,000 more in the next 3 weeks. GM and Ford aren't going to be able to supply those. In three weeks they w ill still be in talks. Tesla seems to have delivered 1,000 in California, but I've heard no details.

  1. Clearly efforts to flatten the curve in NY are not working.

more equipment but Trump is not doing a damn thing. He seems to be paralyz ed. Well, not nothing. They are sending 400 ventilators from FEMA.

lators they need!

mo said he could not do that , only Cuomo could do that. And so they did not do anything for about a week. And that is why NY has as many cases a s the rest of the country.

Correct, de Blasio wanted to issue a shelter in place order for NYC and Cuome forced him to back off. Cuomo further lied and went on the air imply ing de Blasio wanted to quarantine NYC, when he had never used that term. Some time later, maybe 5 days or so, Cuomo finally had NYC shelter in place .

As to Cuomo, while he's running around trying to look like he's ahead of the curve, he is the moron that refused to quarantine Westchester when they had the hotspot there from the lawyer. Instead he allowed them to get on the 7:05 train to NYC and take it right on in to the city. Now we see the results. Had we quarantined Westchester and a small part of WA state, we could have greatly reduced the spread.

Reply to
Whoey Louie

Now would be a good time for you to remind everyone that you claim to be a Republican. So, you're part of the problem, you're enabling him. If just ten percent of Republicans did what I did and left the party, the GOP would go into shock and have started dealing with the problem.

Reply to
Whoey Louie

If I were in charge of another state with enough respirators for now, I would be very reluctant to send them to NYC, because De Blasio would be most unlikely to let go of them merely because my state needed them.

The NY Post reported that NYC didn't even get round to ordering supplies until two weeks ago. (Meanwhile DB tried to blame Trump, naturally.) I have several friends in NYC, and live in Westchester County, but I can hardly fault more prudent folks for refusing to trust DB with the health of their people.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

We have a governor who took the same math courses.

The cork popped merrily, and Lord Peter rose to his feet.
"Bunter", he said, "I give you a toast. The triumph of Instinct over Reason"
Reply to
jlarkin

ore ordered. But they are going to need 30,000 more in the next 3 weeks. GM and Ford aren't going to be able to supply those. In three weeks they w ill still be in talks. Tesla seems to have delivered 1,000 in California, but I've heard no details.

  1. Clearly efforts to flatten the curve in NY are not working.

more equipment but Trump is not doing a damn thing. He seems to be paralyz ed. Well, not nothing. They are sending 400 ventilators from FEMA.

lators they need!

Ah, that answers a lot of questions. I guess they don't need them anymore. I wonder if they are approved for use in this country? I guess Trump has relaxed the regulations... but for Chinese goods? I bet not.

--

  Rick C.

  + Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

No state is going to release anything they may need in a couple of weeks.

I will say I am slightly encouraged by some of the info I've been looking a t lately. Most of the country has very few infections. They seem to be co ncentrated in a few areas of high population density in the US. With the s ocial distancing being practiced we may do as well as China in most of the country.

--

  Rick C.

  -- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

You know, I'm just not sure which Coronavirus thread to put this in?

Link:

mpm

more ordered. But they are going to need 30,000 more in the next 3 weeks. GM and Ford aren't going to be able to supply those. In three weeks they will still be in talks. Tesla seems to have delivered 1,000 in California, but I've heard no details.

  1. Clearly efforts to flatten the curve in NY are not working.

more equipment but Trump is not doing a damn thing. He seems to be paraly zed.. Well, not nothing. They are sending 400 ventilators from FEMA.

ed

to die?

supply,

o close

NYC has been awfully irresponsible.

They had their Chinese Lunar New Year Parade on Feb. 9, 2020, capping fifteen days of festivities.

But, that was ten days after the administration stopped travel Jan. 31st, and thirteen days after the U.S. State Dept. issued travel warnings on Jan. 27th, so ... who knew?

A banner on one float read ?Support Wuhan! Let's fight the virus together!"

Oh dear...

The NYC Health Commissioner Oxiris Barbot helpfully tweeted "I want to remind everyone to enjoy the parade and not change any plans due to misinformation spreading about #coronavirus."

NYC seems to be the center of the U.S. epidemic, and the source of spread. I blame the president.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Similarly, no country is going to..., no county is going to..., no hospital is going to... and no doctor is going to...

Hoarding stockpiles is a potentially very damaging misallocation of resources, and the wartime powers exist to prevent over-stocking of closets where needed goods gather dust.

According to some news sources, doctors have been using preemptive ordering of chloroquine (?) which is a potential treatment; that's not gonna end well.

Reply to
whit3rd

here they simple banned doctors from prescribing it

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen