no more than10 people

Sorry, no more airplane flights, shut down now.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Winfield Hill

Now it is hard to organize anti-governement demonstrations.

Reply to
upsidedown

Or an election. I wonder if that is the plan, actually.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Trump would have had to know quite a bit about how epidemics work to have conceived such a plan. His statements to date do suggest that this is unlikely.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

You have to give Trump credit for hanging in there and staying on top of th e situation despite limited comprehension capability and all kinds of misin formation and bad advice coming from his advisers and hopelessly inept civi l (dis)-service. He's doing better than these troublemaking state governors coming up a day late and dollar short on everything. The asymptomatic hypochondriacs are ha ving a field day wasting peoples' time at the mobile testing checkpoints. LabCorp and Quest, which are nationwide, are already online with their test ing. The CDC should have gone with them in the first place instead of their stupid amateur attempt at getting into the test kit manufacturing business . This would have spurred more business at the local level as well as exped ited getting the job done much more effectively. But when you have a bunch of people with zero business and operations experience, the real world does n't count for much to the CDC idiots.

covid-19 This means your GP can pull a blood sample in the office and send it in wit h the rest of his/her daily samples to LabCorp or Quest, and have results n early the next day.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

My daughter the flight attendant says that domestically the planes are almost empty--on her flight home yesterday, everybody had their own row, and there were lots of empty rows. According to her, most of the passengers were wiping down the arm rests, screens, tables, and so forth using disinfectant wipes.

Also nowadays the ventilation systems use HEPA filters and recirculate often, so airplanes aren't nearly as bad for spreading airborne disease as they once were. While a HEPA might not stop bare virus particles, in real life viruses get expelled in sputum and saliva, which are at least

0.5% solids and a few tens of microns in size. Thus even if they dry down to perfect spheres, the particles will still be several microns in diameter, which for a HEPA might as well be a boulder.

That mess in the customs house at O'Hare is another matter.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote: ...

Isn't the situation vice versa. Trump mostly never ask for or hear on external advice and most of the missinformation that he gave had origin in himself?

--------- Tel. 06151 1623569 ------- Fax. 06151 1623305 ---------
Reply to
Uwe Bonnes

According to a chart in today's paper, C19 doesn't cause sneezing. Looks like the virus missed that propagation mode.

The cork popped merrily, and Lord Peter rose to his feet.
"Bunter", he said, "I give you a toast. The triumph of Instinct over Reason"
Reply to
jlarkin

Coughing will do just as well, thank you for the hitch.

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen Belleman

Shut down Congress.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

What else would you expect from a city that gave us Al Capone and Al Bundy? :)

Reply to
Michael Terrell

I had to go to town today. Every restaurant and fast food that I passed was closed, except for their drive through if they had one. Way less than h alf the normal traffic, and Gasoline had dropped below $2.00 a gallon. Scho ols are all closed, but you don't hear kids playing outdoors. I was told on a Veteran's group that the VA was cancelling all appointments for the time being. I had one scheduled for tomorrow, but I haven't been notified eithe r way.

Reply to
Michael Terrell

This is *funny* --

Cheers, James

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Consider what the stock market crash is doing to pension funds!

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

The clearance issues at Chicago are Federal (Customs & Immigration), not State level problems.

John

Reply to
John Robertson

Just think of the money to be made during the recovery! Lots of people make good money in the real estate recovery.

Heck, maybe this was intentional on the part of the Chinese so they could manipulate the markets!

--

  Rick C.

  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

Pension funds might buy stocks more cheaply, and keep receiving dividends. A crash won't hurt them, unless the dividends go down as well. Why would one assume that a market fluctuation would hurt a pension?

Reply to
whit3rd

Yes indeed.

And the single most important job of a president - totally outweighing everything else - is to make sure there are competent people giving the advice and running the various departments, organisations and governmental bodies. If the advisors are giving bad advice, or the civil service is not reacting properly, then it is Trump's fault.

He has systematically fired pretty much everyone who could think for themselves instead of lick his boots, and ignored or contradicted the advice of anyone left who still had the knowledge and the guts to speak up.

Yes, you have to give Trump credit for that!

Reply to
David Brown

I read an article in Politico that talked about the fact that as part of th e transition to a new administration there was a mandatory briefing (or may be it was more like a training session) where they went through the process of a mock pandemic of N9H1 flu. They talked about "shortages of ventilato rs, anti-viral drugs and other medical essentials" and other factors that w ould need to be addressed at a national level.

However today we find, "roughly two-thirds of the Trump representatives in that room are no longer serving in the administration". This is a direct r esult of the huge turnover in the president's administration. His campaign promise was to get the best people to act as his advisors. He didn't prom ise he would be updating who he considers "top people" on a regular basis.

p.

"I don't take responsibility at all". We may have to give Trump credit, bu t he doesn't seem to want it.