Nope, No One at the Helm

If my house could save as many people as Trump Tower Hospital could, I would have already donated it.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

+1
--

  Rick C.

  -+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

Yes, the Trump administration does prefer people to die. Many people would be good. See, they work for billionaires. When lots of people get sick at the same time they start demanding money and healthcare and such and start making the billionaires lose money. That's unacceptable. Viruses are hard to get rid of, but people, you can dispose of them much easier.

Wouldn't it be better if there were much fewer people? If the people keep getting sick and needing to be bailed out and taking money from the billionaires they may have to step up to incinerators.

Reply to
bitrex

Well, at least he got the doughnut.

Reply to
John S

0 more ordered. But they are going to need 30,000 more in the next 3 weeks . GM and Ford aren't going to be able to supply those. In three weeks the y will still be in talks. Tesla seems to have delivered 1,000 in Californi a, but I've heard no details.

,000. Clearly efforts to flatten the curve in NY are not working.

re more equipment but Trump is not doing a damn thing. He seems to be para lyzed.. Well, not nothing. They are sending 400 ventilators from FEMA.

need

g to die?

al supply,

to close

.

ten

es

th

he

ns

I stubbed my toe yesterday. I blame the president for that, too. Because didn't he disband the national toe-stubbing response team? So he could give all the money to billionaires from Pluto?

I'm pretty sure he did.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Late capitalism notices some of the people's faith in the market system has been shaken and they seem perturbed about e.g. cruise companies and airlines getting first dibs on emergency aid funding.

It finds their lack of faith disturbing. It wonders if perhaps harsher methods are needed to maintain free-market morale and if democracy perhaps really does blossom out of the barrel of a gun

Reply to
bitrex

Soviet communism required a lot of lying to the people to rob them, one of the reasons it fell was the lies became just too large to sustain.

The way government and industry collude in the much more efficient upwards-wealth-redistrubtion system the US has is a lot more elegant in its simplicity you just tell the people pretty much straight out what you're going to do you don't lie about it. So long as they're relatively convinced you're stealing more from someone else than themselves a large number of citizens are fine, even feel comfortable with that fashion of brutal honesty. Trump is rather good at being brutally honest it never seems to work much against him.

Sort of like how if you're married and cheat on your wife by deception very good chance she's going to be at least very annoyed, but there are many men out there with two or three girlfriends and none of the women particularly unhappy about the situation.

After an American woman has been cheated on by two or three or four lying goofy boyfriends previously they tend to develop a certain respect for a man who can tell her honestly "I have no interest in marrying you and I'm gonna f*ck other ladies when I feel like it, OK?"

However repeated trillion-dollar taxpayer-funded bailouts to the super-rich do tend to be hard to swallow even for the dullest American, though, as it hangs a really big lampshade on y'know, the likely mechanism by which the super-rich became super-rich in the first place. You want to try to do that only every 5-10 y,ears or so if you can help it.

Reply to
bitrex