newsproxy filter

Anyone have a good filter they can send me? (or post it here) I remember some talk about this a while back... installed a new os so I lost my old keyword filter I was using in outlook and don't want to re-do it(probably had 1000+ keywords ;/).

Thanks, Jon

Reply to
Jon Slaughter

Can you use NewsProxy with Outhouse Excuse?

NewsProxy isn't just keywords. It works best with "regular expressions".

Also v1.2.4 is _vastly_ better than v1.2.0

Is your E-mail address (in your posting headers) valid? If so I'll send you a copy.

...Jim Thompson

           Liberalism is a persistent vegetative state

That isn't a problem with Newsproxy. Your NNTP server isn't giving you the full header until you download the message.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Sporadic E is the Earth\'s aluminum foil beanie for the \'global warming\'
sheep.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

It is. Newsproxy only uses the overview command. When you download an article from an nntp server you have to issue the body command to actually download the body. Getting an article only returns the header. Unfortunately newsproxy doesn't use that command so it's missing most of the header lines. (overview is just an overview of the header...)

Reply to
Jon Slaughter

Thanks guys for sending me the files.

Reply to
Jon Slaughter

It's a server function... APN (Forte) provides more headers than my ISP, Cox.

...Jim Thompson

           Al Gore is the Pied Piper of "Climate Change"
                    Soothing you with Bull Shit
           While quietly sucking the IQ out of your head

Filters that worked on Supernews didn't work when they sold out to Giganews.