comb filter

I know this is kinda a far fetched streatch, but im trying to engineer a new comb filter circuit for a projection TV of mine. the old comb filter module is shot, and is NLA.

So, does anyone happen to have a design of a standard analog Y/C comb seperator?

ive got several TV boards lying around, and I have been looking at datasheets all day of the main NTSC processor ICs that are on these boards. the comb filter just doesnt "stand out", and doesnt label it anywhere in the datasheets.

any ideas?

Reply to
Mike

Mike wrote: > I know this is kinda a far fetched streatch, but im trying to engineer a new > comb filter circuit for a projection TV of mine. the old comb filter module > is shot, and is NLA. >

Go digital. Try these guys. There are others but ADI is my favorite company because their stuff has always worked well for me.

GG

Reply to
Glenn Gundlach

Have you asked on news:sci.electronics.repair Someone may have the part you need.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

ive been there already. thats how i found out the comb module is NLA. so i gotta build one. :-)

the comb has an MN8230 DSP unit, ive got no C out, Y out, or YCE out, so im pretty sure the comb is f***ed.

my only other alternative is to build a simple analog version becuase i cant locate another module.

the only other way to do things, is get an composite to s-video converter, if they exist, and wire it in place of the comb module, take the Y out, C out of the Svido and run it to the board, and run video in from the board to the unit. still doesnt solve YCE, as i have no idea what YCE is. :-\\

Reply to
Mike