Photoetching and presensitized cc boards

Anyone here have any experience with coating copper clad boards with etch resist photo sensitizer? I brought some spray stuff from MG a while back but it doesn't seem the same. It is clear and the presensitized boards I use have a dark green coating. (not that it probably matters)

I have several unsensitized boards that I'd like to coat but I'm not sure how difficult it is. Anyone have any experience with such things? or know of a good photo resist to get that isn't hard to use?

Thanks, Jon

Reply to
Jon Slaughter

On a sunny day (Tue, 7 Oct 2008 15:31:51 -0500) it happened "Jon Slaughter" wrote in :

Long time ago I knew somebody who just poored it on, and had the board rotate on an a platter to spread it evenly. Worked 100%.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Thats what the do to make cd's I sorta thought about that but seems like a lot of trouble to go through ;/ (needs to be heated too which means a motor that can withstand the heat(not sure how hot though))

Reply to
Jon Slaughter

On a sunny day (Tue, 7 Oct 2008 16:44:28 -0500) it happened "Jon Slaughter" wrote in :

I am almost 100% sure he did not heat it. He bought it in huge 1 liter cans IIRC.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

I tried the photo resist method but was not successful. I found the Press-and-peel blue stuff far easier to use. But you need a laser printer for the transfer.

Martin Riddle

I use the photo-etch process with pre-coated boards and get excellent results. I print the artwork with a cheap HP DeskJet printer on Premium Jetstar film from Mega Electronics.

Leon

Reply to
Leon

Slaughter"

etch

back

sure

know

motor

Yep. No heat and yep it's needing a consistent spray thickness that's the prob'. Used to do it on an old record deck. A ballache of a job so packed it in.

Reply to
john jardine

I use the photo-etch process with pre-coated boards and get excellent results. I print the artwork with a cheap HP DeskJet printer on Premium Jetstar film from Mega Electronics.

--------

I do a similar thing... my results are not excellent but thats just quality controll issues.

But I have several un-sensitized boards I want to sensitize and I have the "spray" resist... it's also a lot cheaper than buying the sensitized boards

Reply to
Jon Slaughter

Years and years ago I did the spray-on-resist bit, took them outside for exposure ;-) Worked pretty good.

...Jim Thompson