If NASA scientists are right, the Thames will be freezing over again.

You certainly aren't. I've also told you that you need to quote at least the part of the previous post to which you were replying, and here you've responded to josephkk's post berating you for this fault without including any of his content.

If your plan is to present yourself as brain-damaged, you've succeeded all too well.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

No really - that's quite funny. You just can't help yourself, can you? Tr= ying to put everybody straight. That time it really was accidental, but yo= u leapt right in.

I've also told you that you need to quote at

josephkk: =20 "Hey Bomber, learn how to get your news client wanna-be (google groupers) to quote a little of the previous post so that normal news readers can figure out what you are replying to. Usenet is not a blog. A common mistake of web-weenies writing web clients for Usenet (notably including both Yahoo and Google).

?-)"=20

That wasn't much of a berating! 'Hey Bomber' sounds quite friendly to me. = Maybe you should check a dictionary, Bill. But you did not really expect m= e to follow your directives, did you? =20

Let's just say I am brain-damaged... I'm still having a lot more fun than y= ou are. And what's your excuse?

Reply to
mrstarbom

The comment about your newsreader is apt, though. Nobody has any idea whom you're replying to. The above is a quotation of your entire post as it appears in a real newsreader.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

=A0Trying to put everybody straight. =A0That time it really was accidental= ,

This time it's accidental, but every other time it's been intentional? We are supposed to imagine that you stopped being a nitwit when enough people had pointed out that you were acting like a twit?

You've been leaping right in at regular intervals over the past few days - I'm just following your example, so you aren't really in any position to complain

evious post to which you were replying, and

"Learn how to get ..." isn't exactly treating you with a lot of respect.

ionary, Bill. =A0But you did not really expect me to follow your directives= , did you?

No. You do come over as dim-witted twit, of the kind that takes a while to wake up to the social norms when he invades a new environment. I'm glad to see that the penny has finally dropped, but it did take a while.

you are.

What makes you think that?

I'm bored and can't get excited about doing the stuff that I ought to be doing. It's more of an explanation than an excuse, but you'll just have to live with that.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

offering

This is an electronics discussion group, you twit. Stop acting like the village gossip and discuss some electronics. Get off your lazy ass and *do* some electronics.

What a bunch of old hens peck and squawk here.

--

John Larkin, President       Highland Technology Inc

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Well, quit droning and dreaming and get going on it.

--

John Larkin, President       Highland Technology Inc

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Cheap shot with the snippage John.

makes

Reply to
josephkk

Well, that's pretty watered down. Here is some genuine conspiracy mixed in with dishonesty and questionable ethics.

This is a nice piece: "Effort will focus on providing curriculum that shows that the topic of climate change is controversial and uncertain?two key points that are effective at dissuading teachers from teaching science."

Reply to
beryl

Sloman has all day to post hundreds of lines of droning insults and off-topic blather. I have a day job. There's no way I'm going to read all of his trash, much less respond to all of it.

--

John Larkin, President       Highland Technology Inc

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Actually, I respond to off-topic blather, a lot of which comes from John Larkin. He regards any correction of his misconceptions as a personal insult, and hates reading through the detail that reveals where he screwed up.

Mainly because I'm mostly right and he's mostly wrong. It's hard to produce a snappy response to some tedious argument that shows that you didn't know what you were talking about, so his reactions tend to emphasise that I'm not designing much electronics at the moment, while he is. It never has much to do with the reliability of the information that he espoused, but does seem to sooth his easily injured vanity.

For someone with a day job, he does post a lot here. He's the all-time leading poster with 28271 posts to his credit. I'm fifth, with 16448. I am leading this month, with 139 posts, but John isn't far behind with 127, closely followed by Phil Hobbs with 126.

My feeling is that both of them are active here at least in part as a way of generating interest in their businesses - which case the day job would include posting here.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

This is an electronics design group, you idiot.

--

John Larkin, President       Highland Technology Inc

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Since you are exactly the kind of idiot who regularly posts off-topic nonsense here, you've got no business telling me that this is an electronics design group, and it's amazingly stupid of you to react to my posting corrections to your off-topic nonsense by drawing attention to the fact that nothing I've designed recently has yet been turned into hardware.

If someone would buy up some of my excessive free time and occupy it with the process of turning inspiration into loaded printed circuit board, I'd have less time to devote to being aware of the great issues of the day, and the pathetic inadequacies of your opinions on these subjects.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Unlikely.

--

John Larkin, President       Highland Technology Inc

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

in

Seems a pittance compared to what the panic-people are getting though, doesn't it? Why, Al Gore alone's raked in $100e6.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

d in

Sure, but he's doing something socially useful, and the denialists are simply lying to the public. Admittedly, some of the lies they tell match some of your misconceptions, so you won't appreciate this, but back in the real world this is what's actually going on.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Since I've been trying to sell my free time since June 2003, and never got any further than a couple of job interviews, "unlikely" does seem to be the right word. I can hope that I can do better in Sydney when we move (in October) but I'm not wildly optimistic,

In the meantime you are going to have to put up with informed criticism. You might acquire enough sense to begin learn from it, rather than persistently trotting out the same rubbish that reliably seduces you, time and time again, but - again - I'm not optimistic.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Sloman? Optimistic?

Sloman? Informed?

--

John Larkin, President       Highland Technology Inc

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

But not *wildly* optimistic ...

Better informed than you are when it comes to subjects outside of electronics - if you were just a little bit less ignorant and over- confident, you might have noticed.

Try to get it into your head that I don't tell that you are wrong from some deep-rooted need to insult your intelligence (actually it's you knowledge that is at fault, but espousing silly mistakes does make you look stupid), but rather because you have posted ill-informed nonsense which cries out for correction.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Sloman? Role model?

--

John Larkin, President
Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

So you say, but very contrary to your track record. You respond to BS more than anyone else.

Reply to
josephkk