If NASA scientists are right, the Thames will be freezing over again.

in 15 years

over:

reported in the

good.

January.  The

hardly had a

they

because

though. :(

overall warm

gardening, but

planetary

tornado

uncomfortable

electronics,

functions

You *are* repulsive; I bet most everyone agrees. All you do is tell people how smart you are and how stupid they are. When have you said anything friendly, funny, or genuinely helpful?

Your "odour" insult is childish and idiotic, since you know nothing about my personal hygiene. Actually, the San Francisco climate is conducive to bodily freshness.

You produced a decidedly dorkish response, and get upset

You only think about your life during interviews? A couple of minutes per decade?

is being useful. Being smart is

So, how is the "useful" thing coming along?

--

John Larkin, President
Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Now you're trying too hard. That would be the pot calling the kettle black, at the very least.

Reply to
mrstarbom

I keep running into people complaining about the cold weather. In Central Florida. :(

Michael A. Terrell

Only those who fail to adapt

Michael A. Terrell

Those damn 'uncivil engineers' are at it again? ;-)

Michael A. Terrell

I also know some mechanical engineers who are remarkably lifelike, at times.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

The the poor, the old and the homeless (some overlap there), according to the news.

Reply to
mrstarbom

rming in 15 years

reezing over:

n/a/2012/02/03/intern...

reported in the

nobody good.

ough January. =A0The

've hardly had a

ying that they

not, because

hip.

d time, though. :(

nd overall warm

gardening, but

t mean

d at an

planetary

tends to

onal tornado

ncomfortable

like to

ectronics,

ore than

of

functions

e.

s?" is?

at that

it.

ffering

ulsive

You'd lose. Few people need the level of flattery you seem to require in social interactions.

I don't tell you that you are stupid, but that you are ignorant. The intelligent response on your part would be to get educated, rather than irritated, so your responses are are what tell us that you aren't as bright as you seem to think you are.

As far as helpful and informative responses go try out my response in "3D printing using electron beam melting" today. The crack about a mouse/elephant comparison was intended to be funny - and it certainly dramatises the difference between an electron beam welder with millamps of beam current at the target and an electron beam microfabricator with a few microamps at the source.

Of course it was childish and idiotic, as was your "repulsive people" crack. It at least had the virtue of being idiotic enough that it obviously couldn't be serious.

Thinking about it is mostly a waste of time. You don't often get opportunities to make life-changing decisions, and mostly there isn't any real choice. Am I going to act like a selfish swine? Or a responsible grown-up? doesn't need a lot of reflection (I opt for responsible grown-up every bloody time - childhood training sticks).

Badly. Why do you think I'm unhappy about not getting work? It isn't as if I need the money.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

lack, at the very least.

Dream on.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Bwahahahaha ha! So do I ;-) ...Jim Thompson

warming in 15 years

freezing over:

reported in the

nobody good.

January.  The

hardly had a

that they

not, because

time, though. :(

overall warm

gardening, but

mean

an

planetary

tends to

tornado

uncomfortable

like to

electronics,

than

functions

is?

that

offering

repulsive

If you're anything like as fatheaded in real life as you are here, nobody sane would hire you.

--

John Larkin, President
Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

te:

warming in 15 years

f freezing over:

22C reported in the

ows nobody good.

through January. =A0The

we've hardly had a

saying that they

or not, because

rdship.

bad time, though. :(

, and overall warm

and gardening, but

inst mean

ated at an

of planetary

are tends to

asional tornado

d uncomfortable

u'd like to

electronics,

t more than

ge of

es to

ing functions

time.

ives?" is?

that that

do it.

ed.

s offering

repulsive

r of

.

But quite a few people did, so at least one of your premises has been falsified. Your opinions about what sane people might do are reliably bizarre, so maybe you don't know what "sane" really means. "Sane people agree with John Larkin" isn't going to be a practical working definition.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

But only on payday! :)

Michael A. Terrell

news.

Still, some do absolutely nothing to prepare for cold weather when having an extra blanket, or even making sure the doors and windows are closed tight. An extra layer of clothes and being careful not to overheat or get wet can do wonders for your survival.

I have been though the US Army cold weather survival training, and spent a winter out in -40 for a good part of a year.

Michael A. Terrell

offering

repulsive

Look in a mirror, John. Vanity is thy name. I often find it trying to distinguish between you and Bill. =20 But then your company makes real products for sale to anybody, Bill makes NOTHING and won't even do easy experiments.

?-/

Reply to
josephkk

Hey Bomber, learn how to get your news client wanna-be (google groupers) to quote a little of the previous post so that normal news readers can figure out what you are replying to. Usenet is not a blog. A common mistake of web-weenies writing web clients for Usenet (notably including both Yahoo and Google).

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

Only when I have to.

Then why are you advising me to stare at myself in mirrors?

I often find it trying to

That's because you aren't interested in electronics.

--

John Larkin, President       Highland Technology Inc

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Sorry. Very slack. Thought only Bill was paying any attention.

Reply to
mrstarbom

ering

sive

I certainly haven't made anything recently, but the experiment that I still haven't yet got around to doing isn't all that easy.

Measuring harmonic content that I hope to be something like 80dB to

90dB below the fundamental is a bit demanding - the aim is to compete with Jim William's Wien Bridge oscillators (as described in his AN-34)

I'll have to block the fundamental with tunable notch - probably the bridge differentiator circuit mined from "The Art of Electronics" - and the circuit is going to contain a phased lock loop (to track the oscillation frequency) and a lot of dividers to drive both the demodulators to track the fundamental and demodulator that sampes the various harmonics. It's all routine stuff, but there's going to be quite a lot of it.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

fering

lsive

That's John Larkin's mantra - he's good at electronics, and he thinks that nobody else takes it a seriously as he does. The fact that he doesn't pay serious attention to anything outside of electronics (excepting perhaps his public image) doesn't actually justify his fond belief that he design and sells "insanely good" electronics, but you can see why he likes to think so.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman