Those scientists lied again

Hydroxycloriquone works after all. And all our resident "men of reason" here on s.e.d. are FOS. But very scientifically FOS.how many governors listened to those God like scientists and pushed untold thousands to their deaths....all very scientific though.

Reply to
bulegoge

On Saturday, July 4, 2020 at 11:05:32 AM UTC+10, snipped-for-privacy@columbus.rr.com wr ote:

ere on s.e.d. are FOS. But very scientifically FOS.how many governors liste ned to those God like scientists and pushed untold thousands to their death s....all very scientific though.

Presumably you think that hydroxychloroquine (also known as hydroxychloroqu ine sulfate) - note the spelling - "works" on the basis of this study.

It does seem to have halved the death rate in patients they were game to us e it on. "None of the patients had documented serious heart abnormalities; however, patients were monitored for a heart condition routinely pointed to as a reason to avoid the drug as a treatment for COVID-19."

"?We attribute our findings that differ from other studies to early treatment, and part of a combination of interventions that were done in su pportive care of patients, including careful cardiac monitoring. Our dosing also differed from other studies not showing a benefit of the drug. And ot her studies are either not peer reviewed, have limited numbers of patients, different patient populations or other differences from our patients.? ??

Azithromycin doesn't seem to have been anything like as helpful.

Halving the death rate is good, but it's not exactly a magic bullet.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Hey don't you have a rally to be at?

Types of quarantiners:

Reply to
bitrex

On average US hospital doctors know f*ck all about the latest "treatment methodologies" and don't read or take seriously the latest medical science journals any more than most the old has-been engineers here do.

The hospitals have policies, the insurance companies have policies, they play by the book, they do what their manual says and let the chips fall where they do. Got 50 more patients to see today. No time for playing Sherlock Holmes.

Reply to
bitrex

Americans are nuts if they think they're walking into some random hospital and anyone there is bending over backwards to save them in particular. You get the same standard of care everyone else gets at your price point whatever that is today. If it works it works and if it don't it don't.

Heroics or novelties are only engaged upon in pretty exceptional circumstances and it's a losing bet to bet you'll be an exception.

Reply to
bitrex