They are here again

At times there are whole swarms of these butterflies:

Note the bumbelbee feeding:

Jan Panteltje

What's the problem?

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

On a sunny day (Fri, 13 Jun 2014 09:51:20 -0700 (PDT)) it happened snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in :

More Watts

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

There's a branch of garden design intended to attract butterflies. The techniques are odd. Low-tech, but very effective.

Reply to
whit3rd

They are migrating ;)

We get them at the beaches along the east coast in the end of august, by the ton.

Martin Riddle

Can't you see ? They're eating his flowers.

Reply to
jurb6006

On a sunny day (Fri, 13 Jun 2014 20:49:17 -0700 (PDT)) it happened snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in :

Actually they only suck the honey.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Fri, 13 Jun 2014 10:32:31 -0700 (PDT)) it happened whit3rd wrote in :

Looks like I accidently hit one, they like these flowers.

When I was taking that picture I actually scared many away, were buzzing around my head. I do not mind the bumblebees, but I have destroyed several wasp nests in the past. That was quite an adventure, home made protective clothing. it worked!

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

thanks.

Reply to
haiticare2011

Chris.

Reply to
Chris

On a sunny day (Sun, 15 Jun 2014 17:08:10 -0700 (PDT)) it happened Chris wrote in :

Impressive creatures!

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Thats what my wife says.....