Hi, why transitors have 3 legs?

Exactly. All amateur stuff. Much of it wrong or silly.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Hey Jackie, the scat fetish going strong, as usual.

Your whole life seems to be centered on poop.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Now, now...

Take the high road. :-)
Reply to
John Fields

John Larkin, the retard bandwagon tugging, retarded bandwagon hopping dumbfuck. That is not my name, nor is any other you have used as an attack on me in several years now past. Do you enjoy being an immature little bastard?

Have you really been away from the thru hole industry for so long that you cannot remember any of the old usage?

Oh... that's right... you never really had a proper grasp of the industry to begin with. AND you simply WANT to act like and BE nothing more than an IMMATURE LITTLE BASTARD.

It was absolutely a used term, and even "widely" used at times.

You are losing this fight with your baseless nit picks, Johnny. They are, in fact, shooting your position down.

Bwuahahahahahaha! FOAD, you immature little bastard.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawlers

On Jul 1, 2:30=A0pm, Father Haskell wrote: [...]

Window? Wasn't a drop of epoxy the classical trick?

Thermo Electrical Properties?

Often neglected behavior.

Does this tend to get overlooked because of the severe deformation of the plastic in direct sun?

Or some other reason?

Has this effect ever been used in a product?

Reply to
Greegor

The entire industry does,and always has.

Note where they refer to "the legs of the chip".

Now, you can TRY to cry "amateur", and you can try to slither all you want, but the fact is that YOU denied the existence of a term which WE have used for decades.

YOU are the amateur.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawlers

Retarded and false name claim by the utterly immature retard snipped.

Were that actually true, it would certainly explain my attachment to you, no?

Oh wait... bwuahahahahahahaa!

You don't want *that* to become apparent or a fact! Oh... wait!

You have to make up your mind, Johnny. Either I love shit and you are an example of it, or you are full of shit with your pathetic fetish claim, which still leaves you succinctly positioned as a piece of shit for pulling the stupid crap to start with.

Either way, you get properly described.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawlers

But they have. 2N3055 has only two legs

Reply to
LM

te

o=20

n and obviously relevant fact, and he reacts as if he is being personally a= ttacked - at some level he must realise how stupid he is, and he's too stup= id to avoid admitting it.

In other words, an analysis that Jamie can't follow, any more than he can s= pell the word. What he may guess on the basis of this incomprehension isn't= really all that interesting - GIGO. =20

=20

You couldn't be more wrong. My boss at Haffmans BV (2000 - 2003) did have a= habit of complaining about "another one of my theories" when I was drawing= his attention to minor imperfections in the preliminary results we were ge= tting out of our conductivity meter, but he learned better when we got into= detailed testing, as it became obvious that I'd been perceiving real probl= ems. Forewarned was forearmed, so I got to fix most of them pretty promptly= .

--=20 Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Well now, that's not something I've paid a lot attention to. I have worked on many wire wrapped pin boards which had the DIPs installed dead bug with the "legs" up when I worked at Honeywell. I've also made plenty of proto boards with the DIPs glued dead bug so other components could be soldered to the "legs". This was common practice, and terminology, in the grad and research labs when I worked at the university. Art

Reply to
Artemus

--
Transistor leads are often referred to as "legs", while we all know
that IC terminals are referred to as "pins".

The discussion is about transistors' legs, not IC pins, so your
lumping them together for your own nefarious purposes is disingenuous.
Reply to
John Fields

Since you don't have a real name, I'll call you whatever I like. Jackie. Dimbulb. AlwaysWrong.

I remenber tubes. They had pins, not legs.

Did you refer to a nine-leg tube?

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

"Silver wires" !!! What a joke. Did you ever hear of "silver" wire bonds?

Yup, amateurs refer to "legs" and "silver wires"

Check the author's link. Artist. Amateur.

I suppose that you have referred to pins as "legs" for decades. That's because you are AlwaysWrong.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Because it identifies you as an amateur. Which, as it turns out, you are.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

I've always heard the terms "live bug" and "dead bug", but ICs have leads, not legs. I'm a live-bug fan myself, given that most parts are surface-mount these days.

Maybe in a university. I've never heard the term in industry. Call them "legs" if you like.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Do any pcb CAD programs identify "leg1", "leg2", etc?

--

John Larkin Highland Technology Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation Picosecond-resolution Digital Delay and Pulse generators Custom timing and laser controllers Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links VME analog, thermocouple, LVDT, synchro, tachometer Multichannel arbitrary waveform generators

Smartly emitted observation from our collective wisdom, John.

Reply to
cameo

Or a phototransistor.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Some japanese transistor radios had transistors with all three leads soldered together. That '19 transistor radio' was actually six transistor with 13 spares.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

People here are just having fun with a troll, the OP who started the "legs" nomenclature.

But your point is well taken. There's quite a difference, for example, between a leg man and a lead man.

Reply to
spamtrap1888