Hi, why transitors have 3 legs?

Be careful, legg. Somebody might try to solder you down.

 Click to see the full signature

Hardly, since those are pointers to the logical fallacies you made.
Reply to
John Fields

--
There are no real questions, there are only silly statements you make
up so you can provoke people into playing your game.

Twist the topic around? To electronics? Away from hen squabbling? The nerve!

I guess you don't use any PCB layout software.

It will be pretty busy today; gotta ship that first gradient pulser and Gerber a laser driver board. I suppose I should shower and get going. I like to let the traffic settle down a bit first.

What are you up to?

 Click to see the full signature

It depends on the situation.

Since, as you say, "They are just words, and don't matter much.",
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John Fields

--
All true, but banal and hardly germane in the context of USENET.
Reply to

Riveting reading though it is, would you ladies please conduct your cat fight elsewhere?

Reply to
Pomegranate Bastard

--
But this isn't the professional engineering community, it's USENET.
Reply to

--
The topic started off as a little electronics troll, specifically
about two-legged transistors.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John Fields

Feeling steady on your pins, boy?

RL

Reply to
legg

A fact you have obviously forgotten, since you claim to have never heard of a transducer connection being referred to as a "leg".

You are a liar or an interloper in the industry. You decide which.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawlers

Were I your customer, it would matter a hell of a lot more if you actually knew the terms before you felt the need to hunt them up, just to "sound good". If I knew ahead of time that you were just a 'word shill', you would win no contracts from me.

You are the worst type of 'engineer', by far.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawlers

To say nothing of the possible tape and reel questions.

Reply to
spamtrap1888

--
I don't care to, but thanks for asking. :-)
Reply to

Leads, legs, pins, terminals, dohickies or whatever; the term used don't mean squat so long as clear communication is achieved.

?-)

--------------------- Prezactly. Art

Reply to
Artemus

Dimmie's favorite insect is of course the dung beetle. He hopes to be reincarnated as one. He would be in his element.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
 Click to see the full signature

Transducer leg? No, I don't think I've heard of a transducer connection being called a "leg."

Google "transistor leg." All the hits look like amateurs.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
 Click to see the full signature

I never knew about cryogenic temperature and level sensors until I had to learn about them. What's wrong with learning new stuff? What's good about sounding ignorant?

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
 Click to see the full signature

Now, now...

Take the high road. :-)
Reply to
John Fields

--
Thermocouples are often referred to as having legs.

Also: