Hi, why transitors have 3 legs?

have

Slime molds are amazing critters. They are usually single-cell things, except that once in a while they aggregate and form a sort of a worm-like multi-cell thing.

"When food is abundant a slime mold exists as a single-celled organism, but when food is in short supply, slime molds congregate and start moving as a single body. In this state they are sensitive to airborne chemicals and can detect food sources. They can readily change the shape and function of parts and may form stalks that produce fruiting bodies, releasing countless spores, light enough to be carried on the wind or hitching a ride on passing animals."

For JackScat to do that, he'd have to find a bunch of critters just like himself. Millions of AlwaysWrong spores. The mind boggles.

 Click to see the full signature

One cat to another, while watching a tennis game:

"My Dad's in that racket"

;-(

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Fred Abse

enterprise.

You are, actually.

In the context you embraced, the term 'racket' describes an illicit enterprise. Only an idiot like you would use it to describe a legitimate endeavor.

The term "business" is mutually exclusive with that term for obvious and previously mentioned reasons.

You deny this fact?

The 'racket' you have been attempting to operate in this group is again failing, as again it is you being proven incorrect.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawlers

Nymbecile Dimbulb ( J Shepard ) 1950 Cherrywood Street, Vista, CA

92081

He's listed as J Shepard living with Rita J Shepard (86) and Jack V Shepard (87). (760) 598-1123

1950 Cherrywood Street, Vista, CA 92081

He could be in his early 50's living with Mommy and Daddy. It's possible that he's Jack V Shepard, but I doubt he's 87. I think it's more likely he's an an adopted little bastard.

I knew he was formerly of Oceanside, CA because he posted with his IP address showing in his post headers once.

Parcel # 169-432-41-00 SHEPARD FAMILY 1990 REVOCABLE TRUST 02-07-90

Reply to
Greegor

enterprise.

in

Nymbecile Dimbulb ( J Shepard ) 1950 Cherrywood Street, Vista, CA

92081

He's listed as J Shepard living with Rita J Shepard (86) and Jack V Shepard (87). (760) 598-1123

1950 Cherrywood Street, Vista, CA 92081

He could be in his early 50's living with Mommy and Daddy. It's possible that he's Jack V Shepard, but I doubt he's 87. I think it's more likely he's an an adopted little bastard.

I knew he was formerly of Oceanside, CA because he posted with his IP address showing in his post headers once.

2081-7359

Parcel # 169-432-41-00 SHEPARD FAMILY 1990 REVOCABLE TRUST 02-07-90

Reply to
Greegor

Nymbecile Dimbulb ( J Shepard ) 1950 Cherrywood Street, Vista, CA

92081

He's listed as J Shepard living with Rita J Shepard (86) and Jack V Shepard (87). (760) 598-1123

1950 Cherrywood Street, Vista, CA 92081

He could be in his early 50's living with Mommy and Daddy. It's possible that he's Jack V Shepard, but I doubt he's 87. I think it's more likely he's an an adopted little bastard.

I knew he was formerly of Oceanside, CA because he posted with his IP address showing in his post headers once.

2081-7359

Parcel # 169-432-41-00 SHEPARD FAMILY 1990 REVOCABLE TRUST 02-07-90

Reply to
Greegor

Even as slime, I put all of you Larkin bandwagon dorks to shame.

Reply to
IAmTheSlime

You forgot to mention the violins playing nearby, since you were on the first class plaza level, you know...

Not just any cat gets in.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawlers

Nymbecile Dimbulb ( J Shepard ) 1950 Cherrywood Street, Vista, CA

92081

He's listed as J Shepard living with Rita J Shepard (86) and Jack V Shepard (87). (760) 598-1123

1950 Cherrywood Street, Vista, CA 92081

He could be in his early 50's living with Mommy and Daddy. It's possible that he's Jack V Shepard, but I doubt he's 87. I think it's more likely he's an an adopted little bastard.

I knew he was formerly of Oceanside, CA because he posted with his IP address showing in his post headers once.

2081-7359

Parcel # 169-432-41-00 SHEPARD FAMILY 1990 REVOCABLE TRUST 02-07-90

Reply to
Greegor

That is what slime mold would think if it had a brain.

Reply to
John S

Sure you do. With magical electrolytics with a 1,000,000 rated life.

"Prebuilt crap you put together" What an idiot!

i didn't 'ask for help wioth my RAM', dimmie. I simply stated that the temporary computer was at it's limit of 2 GB.

Yawn. The only thing you can build plugs up the plumbing.

Right, and in this case it was the usual failed electrolytics. ever heard of an ESR meter, dimmie?

One does? Not if it's no longer availible. Also, MS OS look at the serial number of the CPU.

Well, when it comes to beingf loopy, you win hands down.

PKVB

Big deal, unless you actually know how to use it.

Yawn. Nothing you screw up excites anyone.

You're always crying.

Nothing scares me, other than some of the idiots who are allowed to run for office.

Projection, as usual. If you weren't projecting, you would tell us where you supposedly work, and you wouldn't have to post through AIOE.ORG.

Whoppie Dual processor, SATA & 64 GB max.

I know that you don't own a system that uses blades. You might have picked up a dead blade server on on Ebay for $5, though.

No, I had asked what YOU owened, and you start ranting about backbone grade hardware with 'tens of servers'

I have never climbed a pole, dimmie. Of course we don't really want to hear what you do when you're off line.

Yet you bragged about it, just a few years ago, or no one would know about it.

Yawn. Go play your viseo games. You poste when you would be at work, so it's obvious you are unemployed.

Why don't you follow up on your bet and threats to come to my house & kick my ass, little girl. The rest of your mindless crap deleted. The new caps are at the local post office and will be here tommorow.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That settles it. Slime mold.

Reply to
krw

enterprise.

AlwaysWrong. Always.

Reply to
krw

I'll bet the WEI score on my 7 year old machine beats the WEI score on both of your new machines. That is probably based on the video card alone.

Oh... don't know what that is? It's a Microsoft thing. A variant of an age old proofing methodology. We call them benchmarks.

How many new video cards have you put in in the last 5 years? How much did they cost?

And yes, stats like that matter and would tell us a lot.

Yawn indeed.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawlers

Since when does a MOBO swap involve a CPU change?

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawlers

Upgrade video cards are for gaming, right? Electronic design - pcb layout, simulation, documentation - doesn't need extreme video performance. Only some simulations even need a lot of CPU power.

What electronic design machines may need is tons of RAM, especially for big FPGA compiles.

Which have been around since the '70s on early Intel & 6800 based computers. Even National Semiconductor SC/MP based systems had published benchmarks. Only a fool thinks a benchmark is the end all in computing. All they do is give an indication of perfomance on limited tasks.

Why upgrade the video card when I can run multiple monitors?. One computer is back up. The USPS failed to deliver one package of capacitors, even though their web site said they were out for delivery with the other parts. After the other computers are re-capped I'll get busy on the seven 19" LCD monitors with bad electrolytics in the power supplies.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Do you really think that is all a fast GPU gets you? Are you really that far behind the curve?

You ain't real bright. SolidWorks and the best EDA CAD packages all benefit from and recommend higher end graphics capacity on the workstation they are ran on. On our conduction cooled designs it is especially true as we have to take component profiles into consideration, so full renderings and the ability for the machine to allow you to spin the thing around and examine it is important.

You are in idiot to trivialize it, and it means you likely run some ten year old layout package and never had to worry about component profiles. Hell, we even have to consider it on blade designs as they has a limited space they have to fit into as well.

Display and rendering is not about a simulation session or even an auto-route session for those that go that way. It is about display and rendering. Period. I am sorry for you and your company if you fail to grasp that simple fact. My machine would allow me to display a design, and be simulating the next or auto-routing one in the background. Thatis another advantage of multiple cores. Barely a hiccup if I go on with other tasks once I start some CPU intensive task. Most folks *MUST* relinquish their PC if they "commit" it to a CPU intensive task. Otherwise it just crawls along.

Mine never do. Then there is the new, real time anti-viral CPU cycles stealing speed away again.

On my machine that activity barely makes a dent. On a cheap box, it cuts deeply into perceived "speed of operation".

The machine will have tons of RAM, tons of CPU power, tons of CPU cores, tons of GPU cores, and tons of GPU power, and tons of storage space.

That means it will do any task I put it to. And it will be able to run modern video games... big deal. The WEI index is about a lot more than that.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawlers

Only an aged idiot would think that they are constructed the same as they were then. The numbers indicate real power. An entire suite of tests get ran. The final number is user experience.

They like the faster boxes too... us users. Funny how we are like that.

And I never said that it was any 'end all' thing. It IS, however, the FIRST thing that MS pops up when you want to run desktop enhancements or HD video, etc. And it isn't "limited tasks", it is quite a comprehensive battery of tests on your hardware and its abilities. The same exact CPU on two different motherboards will yield two different sets of numbers. It has always been that way. Same thing with video.

Guess what... 'gamers' are not the target demographic of the folks who write the benchmarks either.

Us scientists are.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawlers

You're a scientist? What science? What degree do you have, from where?

What science do you do that needs a high-WEI computer?