Hee! Hee! Hee!

in

=A0 =A0 =A0...Jim Thompson

n by

he

ext

ed

If you're paying for it, it's a privilege, not a right.

I agree with amdx; property taxes are theft/protection racket/just WRONG.

Screw gods. Why the hell aren't churches taxed like my house is?

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
alien8752

taken by

the

next

Thanks.

I take it you were able to glean the meaning anyway.

Reply to
flipper

$100M in 3Q. Not bad, considering the others.

I have two Fords. Don't want pretentious (though SWMBO wants a 2010 Mustang ragtop). I want transportation. Both have been fairly reliable, though the NE salt got to my Ranger ($3000 later).

The European models have historically been quite different than the US models.

Reply to
krw

It is pretty blatantly obvious. Unless you are a total retard, you shouldn't need an explanation.

Reply to
Mycelium

You're way behind the times. These days you need a 'Clue by four'.

--
The movie \'Deliverance\' isn\'t a documentary!
Reply to

On Thu, 05 Nov 2009 17:21:22 -0600, Jim Yanik wrote: [snip]

You mean a cattle prod (aka hot-shot). They work wonders to dumb cows, mean bulls and the clueless.

--
Joe Chisolm
Marble Falls, Tx.

They are more compact, fuel efficient and handle better, but that may be just what's wanted right now if they start importing them.

The car I always dreamed about years ago was a shelby gt390 and sod the fuel consumption, but I may have been influenced just a bit by bullet. Far too expensive now. There's nothing quite like the offbeat note of a big well tuned v8 on full chat :-)...

Regards,

Chris

Reply to
ChrisQ

home, you

rest of your

i like to think of it as land rental. an effective gov. method of reminding people they do not really own the land they are just renting it, seeing as they can evict you from it whether your home owner member ship fee is paid for fully or not.

robb

Reply to
robb

HOAs are yet another rip off of the American people.

Reply to
UltimatePatriot

Its not rental, it a fee to keep the rif-raf out of your property.

Its cheaper then hiring a private security company. Its cheaper then hiring a private fire department.

And there is no competition to drive the price up.

don

Reply to
don

your

the

really

evict

for

property.

isn't that called extortion ?

the prices go up all the time. The gov was blinded, greedly watching the value of the homes rise during the bubble to raise the rent accordingly.

the *customer* quickly becomes the rif-raf if they can not pay

robb

Reply to
robb

"robb" wrote in news:luWdnc5m3sxFxGXXnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

It's a protection racket. the Gov't takes money and provides "protection".

Of course,these days,you need protection more from the Gov't than anyone else.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

In this day and age, how can there be people who don't grasp the simple fact that competition drives prices _DOWN_?

Of course, all sane people know that taxation is theft.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

Ad in seen in two local papers: "Get food stamps? Get a free cell phone!" From a govm't agency--think it was Health and Human Services.

True story.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

The well-intentioned reasoning behind that is that it's probably a lot easier to get a job if you have a cell phone.

How many of those receiving food stamps are good folks who are "down on their luck" vs. welfare kings and queens is, of course, an eternal debate, so it's difficult to ascertain how useful such a program really is.

Cell phones are the next best thing to free these days anyway for the basic models -- it's the montly cost that will get you: It's difficult to find plans that are less than $30-$40/month, which is still a significant chunk of change to some people.

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Its an extension of the old 'Lifeline phone service' program. That is basic, local only service for under $15 a month. It doesn't include any options, and if you want anything added, you can't get 'Lifeline'. What they do is waive all the federal & state taxes on basic local phone service. Here in Florida, that brings the price down to about $12.50 a month so you can make local calls, call your doctor or 911. The limited cell phone service isn't much better.

--
The movie \'Deliverance\' isn\'t a documentary!
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

...Jim Thompson

                            GO GREEN!
                        Recycle Congress
                            In 2010

Thanks Michael, I didn't know there was such a service available (for POTS nor cell phones).

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Koltner

"Jim Thompson" wrote in message

So I've heard.

But we all know you're a very charitable guy, Jim, you're just very choosy about who you donate money to! :-)

Reply to
Joel Koltner

I donate to food banks, and non-profits that employ handicapped persons and disable veterans.

I resent leftist weenies dictating donating my income to leftist weenie causes. ...Jim Thompson

  Liberal, Leftist and Democrat are polite aphorisms for YELLOW.