Hee! Hee! Hee!

by

--
You\'ve never seen a thread change streams in mid-horse???

JF
Reply to
John Fields

Bill, I don't get your point, my wife and I have had a lower middle income, we lived frugally and saved our money. I know people that made a lot more money but have a lot less, that's there problem not mine. Why should I check rental prices, I own my home. But I have to keep paying the government, and so do you, if you rent. I'll complain if I want, and thank who or whatever I want.

Cash for clunkers; What a stupid idea, made a blip in sales and a downturn after demand was used up, now you have to pay more for a used car cause they destroyed 600,000 cars.

Stimulus money; Seems what has been spent has went into making more (saving) government jobs. That's just what we need! (sarcasm)

Bailing out GM; I mean paying the union for votes. The investors should have gotten paid not the union. They should have went bankrupt, and reduced their cost of production.

Welfare; I know a healthy adult male useing food stamps. Did I mention he also has a camera phone that has texting and an internet connection.

I'd like to continue but I need to do some work. Somebody's got to do it.

Ahhh! Mike

Reply to
amdx

by

next

Yes, I have but when one begins with "read what you yourself wrote (about taxes)" followed by "quit complaining" then they're talking about taxes too regardless of doing a zippity do da whirligig around it.

To wit, if taxes were lower then more people might "thank God" they could afford a home or spend less on rent, like maybe enough to send their kid(s) to college, and if taxes were higher more people might 'thank God' they can't afford a home or pay more for rent, like maybe so much they can't afford to send their kid(s) to college.

I just find the "thank God" government hasn't taxed you out of house and home yet, so quit complaining, to be a specious argument. Taxes are an unfortunate necessity (the degree of which being debatable), not something to be 'prized' and sought after, Gomez Addams (Season 2, Episode 5) notwithstanding.

Reply to
flipper

At least they'll be new trucks.

Martin Riddle

Naaaaah! They'll be Ford F150's ;-) ...Jim Thompson

  Obama says, "I AM NOT a cry baby, Fox REALLY IS out to get me!"

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

.

ve

He can have all the (Rep) Govenors he wants. It's the House and Senate that will pass all the legislation he abhors...

And I wouldn't get too excited anyway. Mid-terms traditionally have low turnout anyway, and they probably will trend Republican as a result. But no imact on 2012.

Unless Palin gets a brain transplant or something.

Reply to
mpm

flipper wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

the taxes are for SERVICES that the property owner(or rental tenant) benefits from;like fire,police,roads,and so on.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

flipper wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

yeah,that was SO "good for the Republican Party" to throw support to the opposition party.

there's those inconvenient FACTS that "progressives" ignore or deny.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

It's sort of a long haul to Manhattan from there, though... ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal

Fords, AND their owners are retarded.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

I pay $20 tax on a $200 suit in this town already. That is AFTER I already paid #0% tax on the income that left me with the $200 to buy the suit with.

Reply to
Mycelium

Probably more in Scaresdale or Larchmont or Rye - maybe others as well. :-( But thank goodness we got rid of Spano.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

Renters are the most ripped off citizens this country has ever had. ESPECIALLY now.

Property owners that let out their properties, and developers that make apt complexes they then fail to maintain worth a f*ck are the biggest thieves in the country.

Reply to
Mycelium

And what did Obama do to renters he hasn't done to everyone else?

Thieves come in all shapes and sizes but I agree, landlords should maintain the property.

On the other hand, I take it you've never let out a property to see it virtually destroyed by the suddenly vanished never to be seen again renters.

As I said, thieves come in all shapes and sizes.

Reply to
flipper

Ford have ridden out the recession without any handouts from the government if my info is correct and they are making a profit at the mo as well. which is more than can be said for GM. Why is this ?. Because they make economical, well designed, reliable and unpretentious cars that people actually want to buy.

I don't and have never run a Ford, but am impressed by their engineering prowess and ability to produce good all round designs on a consistent basis. At least, that is, in Europe...

Regards,

Chris

Reply to
ChrisQ

"Paul Hovnanian P.E." wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@hovnanian.com:

OH,yeah,its also "real sensible" to increase taxes and expect an already faltering economy to improve....

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

by

the

next

--
Actually, it should be: "I just find the: "thank God government hasn\'t
taxed you out of house and home yet, so quit complaining", to be a
specious argument."

Even better: "I just find: "thank God government hasn\'t taxed you out of
house and home yet, so quit complaining", to be a specious argument.

The best, I think, would be: "I just find: "Thank God the government
hasn\'t taxed you out of house and home yet, so quit complaining", to be
a specious argument."

JF
Reply to
John Fields

Did you see Phil Reisman's column in the morning paper on the Spano - Astorino battle for county exec? I love his columns and this was another time I laughed my arse off. "

"

As a fellow westchester-ite, I feel your pain. In White Plains, 'Boss' Bill Ryan was on our ballot. So far it's a pretty close race with Hyland. No love lost if Ryan looses .

Robert Oppenheimer

Reply to
Oppie

Care to explain?

Reply to
PeterD

I just retired my '86 F150 last spring. 302K miles on it without an engine rebuild. Replaced it with lightly used low mileage '07 Ford Escape. I'll stick with Ford in my driveway...

Reply to
JW