You know you're an engineer when...

Just saw a license plate: NODECAF

And I'm wondering, what the hell... Node Caf ???

Finally realized it was No Decaf ;-)

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

The Democrats lost their souls a long time ago. It must have happened when they had their spines removed.

Martin Riddle

The plate's owner could be an engineer as well.

I do not like decaf either.

I like my inebriants just the way man discovered them usually.

Reply to
UltimatePatriot

message

female body part ;)

Pussy Galore...

Oh wait... that is not even a rhyme!

Reply to
UltimatePatriot

One of the ham radio vendors registred the domain . He sells Morse code related equipment under the name of Morse Express and Milestone Technologies. However, if you don't know about the site, most people read it as: Mor Sex. I've been assured that this was not intentional, but I don't believe it.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

MODAPRO

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

The software screenshots (

) look like a good old Turbo Vision Borland Pascal program. I wonder how many they sell.

Would be fun to build a morse key with an USB connector :-)

--
Frank Buss, fb@frank-buss.de
Frank Buss

Looking at the toilet at the gas station: PORTA Looking at the next toilet: expecting to see PORTB, but it is still marked as PORTA. Thinking: aha, this PORTA must be the 16 bit port then.

Vladimir Vassilevsky

message

female body part ;)

Laugh all you want. Back in the early 80's friends of mine had the registrations OI-812 and OU-812. This went on until about 1993 or so when the DMV finally figured out what they meant and they yanked the plates.

I was thinking today it would be interesting if one of the
presidential candidates was named Joseph Ronix, and he had posters
made which read: "Elect Ronix." ;)

JF
Reply to
John Fields

| >Cheers | >

| | Pussy Galore... | | Oh wait... that is not even a rhyme!

No begins with "D"

Martin Riddle

message

female body part ;)

Maybe in your state.

Totally available, and already taken here.

Reply to
UltimatePatriot

Madame Bovary?

--
   Wim Lewis , Seattle, WA, USA. PGP keyID 27F772C1
Reply to

Nice, but 13,824 bytes is a really big executable. I've created executables as small as 181 bytes in assembler:

Looks like it doesn't work in Windows Vista anymore, I'll get an Englisch error message in my German Windows installation that the 16 bit MS-DOS subsystem doesn't support fullscreen mode. But on my VMWare Windows 98 installation it still works.

Looks like someone has already built such a device, maybe with CapSense:

But it is a bit lame, it uses two different positions to enter tap and dashes and it has a backspace position. I wonder why the SMS addicted didn't use already morse code :-)

--
Frank Buss, fb@frank-buss.de
Frank Buss

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

I was comparing it to other Windoze applications. I think the winner of the bloat award goes to various mouse drivers, that can be up to 50 MegaBloats big.

Yeah, that's the problem with Vista. Lots of applications don't run. I question whether the cosmetic changes were worth destroying the backwards compatibility. I guess Microsoft is copying both Apples user interface and mistakes. The mistake was when Apple went through various versions of MacOS, breaking apps each time. Apple stopped doing that with OS/X, but I guess Microsoft hasn't noticed.

That posting is over 2 years old. I couldn't find anything to indicate that any progress has been made since then. Nice idea, but I don't think I could use it. There have been literally a huge number of alternative input devices patented. Most will function, but only with substantial operator training. Despite the obvious deficiencies of the QWERTY keyboard, it's difficult to produce something sufficiently improved to justify the effort learning how to use it.

I think I was about 12 years old when I first learned Morse code. We used it in class to send secret messages that the teachers couldn't understand. Very handy.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

message

female body part ;)

Never saw that; what part?

Reply to
Robert Baer

Looks like it is faster than SMS:

But maybe not. Looks like the SMS guy is not as fast as e.g. this kid:

Frank Buss, fb@frank-buss.de
Frank Buss

| > Cheers | >

| Never saw that; what part?

The Episode was "The junior Mint"

Martin Riddle

message

female body part ;)

In my youth Liberace was purported to have the plate, "RU12" ;-)

...Jim Thompson

        Liberals are so cute.  Stupid as bricks, but cute.