Facial hair

The UniSuit is reversible.

(...)

At the same company, I would usually spend about 30 minutes eating lunch followed by 30 minutes sleeping under my desk. That worked just fine until one VP instituted an "open door" policy. That didn't mean that I could unload my problems on management. It meant that either OSHA or the local fire inspector considered the way we arranged the doors to be some manner of hazard. The easy solution was to remove the doors. Now everyone could see that I was sleeping under my desk. No problems until the plant was visited by a group of suppliers from Japan, who saw me sleeping. Nothing was said until they were ready to embark at the airport, when one of them mentioned something about working the engineers too hard. Management immediately demanded that I cease snoozing during lunch, or at least do it in my truck (highly uncomfortable). I explained that if I didn't get my 30 minutes midday sleep, was wasn't going to last through the daily 2 hours of unpaid overtime plus the 1 hr commute home. They didn't seem to understand, so I started going home on time instead of 2-3 hrs late. After about a month of not having an engineer handy during the swing shift, I received verbal approval to resume sleeping under may desk. However, I temporarily hung a large piece of butcher paper (used in the plotter) over the doorway to discourage interruptions.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

any

gossiping

I think I have to agree with on you on that point.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie