Just would like some comments from people who have used Fairchild's Tinylogic digital gates

I have designed my digital circuit by using TinyLogic devices, throttling them at 5V. I am using them because of there LOW and HIGH voltage specs, because there inputs are from a PIC. Just wondering if these units performed as you expected.

Reply to
Mr. J D

FYI, I chose the TinyLogic because I wanted a low part count. If I went for a normal, 5V HIGH, I would have needed a buffer, right?

Reply to
Mr. J D

Tinylogic gates are just the same as 'normal' ones but available as single gates. You appear to have some misunderstanding. What's all this about low and high levels ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

My comment is, they are really small. Don't sneeze!

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

You need to learn to read a data sheet.

As long as Voh is higher than Vih of the driven device at Iih, it will drive the chip. That's "Output high voltage", "Input high voltage" and "Input high current".

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Could you explain this better, I dont have the datasheets on hand. But when I did read them, I interpreted them as having a HIGH signal as low as 2.2 volts. Othe Digital devices need more than 3 volts.

Reply to
Mr. J D

When I read the brochure it said it sensed HIGH input signals as low as

2.2 Volts. They come in Quad DIP packs also. Are you talking about a different chip?
Reply to
Mr. J D

TinyLogic is all surface-mount, one to three gates per device, never DIPs. DIP packages aren't tiny!

John

I am going to have to refute you on that LOL. Yes TinyLogic are one to three gates per device in packs such SOT and other surface mount, but I know for a fact that they offer them in Quad DIP packages also. The TinyLogics are different from most, not just because they offer single gate packs, but because they require MUCH less power than other ordinary CMOS logic familys. I am talking about Fairchild's TinyLogic product family here.

Reply to
Mr. J D

Got a link to a DIP-packaged TinyLogic part?

Much less power? Most CMOS parts pull nanowatts static power already.

John