Just would like some comments from people who have used Fairchild's Tinylogic digital gates

I have designed my digital circuit by using TinyLogic devices, throttling them at 5V. I am using them because of there LOW and HIGH voltage specs, because there inputs are from a PIC. Just wondering if these units performed as you expected.

Reply to
Mr. J D

FYI, I chose the TinyLogic because I wanted a low part count. If I went for a normal, 5V HIGH, I would have needed a buffer, right?

Reply to
Mr. J D

Depends on what you're interfacing to. Some of these devices offer the ability of not loading down data busses in the absence of their own supply rail, which has definite advantages. They also have their own immunity and tolerances to external upset.

When you're designing at this particular scale, it's more parts count, cost and real estate that matter, not gate count.

RL

Reply to
legg