Facial hair

"There are three kinds of people: 1. Innovators. 2. Imitators. 3. Idiots." ?Warren Buffett

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred
[snip]
[snip]

Same here. If I'm going somewhere that requires tie and jacket, I simply request, "What should I wear", and let her choose.

That's much easier than being laughed at and chided for being color blind ;-)

(I am sort of color blind, in an interesting way. I can't define a color specifically, like the shades and hues of blue, yet I can match colors much more accurately than my wife.) ...Jim Thompson

That Pygmalion thing was the last straw, sickening play.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

I prefer my engineers to be clean but sort of plain and maybe a little sloppy, like me. The idea being that engineers should be mostly thinking mostly about things external to themselves, and not so much about vanity and people-stuff. People are very different of course, so there are no hard rules, but I'd be suspicious of the guy in the dress; he has other priorities.

I was down at Agilent in Santa Clara yesterday, and it was very "business casual." Tekkies wore jeans, some tee shirts and some button-downs, the women in conservative dresses mostly. We (two males, one female) dressed casual. We met some managers, too, but I didn't see a tie anywhere. Nobody was flambouyant.

We did see serial number 1 of the HP 200A.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

A little spritz of WD40 does no harm.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

I call him George. If he doesn't like it, he can buy his own damned beer.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

What does she smell like? Sweaty?

Reply to
Gib Bogle

What's wrong with Hoppes 9 oil?

The result of a gallon of soup beans.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Somebody artistic should make up an ad poster for it. I remember an old Mitchum ad where some goombah is sitting up in bed, saying "I wore Mitchum yesterday, and the day before, so I may not have to today."

I.e. Mitchum expects their customers to shower no more than once in 72 hours. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Apparently it helps when designing a programming language too.

"There is a beard - there is a success. There is no beard - you are guilty."

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds

d of

hehe, I shouldn't be talking I still wear the grunge uniform, shirt worn jeans and chucks and my hair is long enough for a ponytail :P

the hipsters are the ones that try real hard to look like they don't care :)

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

she is getting a bit chubby so maybe :P but before that probably some fruity concoction, marketed with lots of semi-nude pictures photo-shopped to oblivion, designed to extract money from 14 years olds ;)

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

True. When I don't have (paying) corporate clients: When I have (paying) corporate clients: The advantage is that nobody wants me around, so I never have to attend boring staff meetings.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

The wolf's nose is smaller. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

The only ones who will ever care are the HR droids, if they even care. Nose rings, OTOH...

I guess they shoo 'd him out.

Every head hunter I've used reminds people of the basics before the interview. I always found it annoying because it should be long understood that over-dressing is better than looking sloppy. If you have to be told, you shouldn't have the job. The last time I was interviewing (last year), either the interviewing managers made it clear ahead of time that the dress code for the interview was "business casual" or made a comment about my suit (you really didn't need to dress up) during the interview. It's only been used for funerals since.

Reply to
krw

$25? Wait until they go on sale and buy a bunch.

They're the only shoe that fits my feet. I have them in black and white (weekends). The 'N' on the side is a dead give away, though.

Reply to
krw

--
Genesis 1:27?
Reply to

Selenium was always my favorite "Phhtt" smell.

My wife usually doesn't see me until the evening. ;-) I make dressing simple, though. All my socks and slacks are black so they match and shirt color doesn't matter.

Reply to
krw

Had one burn a couple of weeks ago in the German office. It still stunk up the room after we got it back here (a week later). Every time I open the zip lock bag it stinks up the room. As PCB fires go, it was a goodie (car battery with a failed boost regulator across it).

I've always "heard" it as "JOE-erg" but I'm sure he'll correct everyone. ;-)

Reply to
krw

--
Reply to