Facial hair

But that's the anglicized pronounciation, not the one back where the name was invented.

Did you pronounce it like "chick" while with a pretty girl and she whacked you for that? :-)

[...]
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

The tit-for-tat gets tiring... even if it is you versus the fairies

...Jim Thompson

It's pretty close, disirregardless of spelling and optional trailing 's'. I stopped off in Corfu on my way from London to Albania 15 or 20 years ago. That's the current home of Saint Spyridon (270-348 CE).. his remains are in a tiny church and a few times a year they parade said remains through town. Anyhew, a fair percentage of the male population has the same first name as me (again, transliteration aside), so I was constantly hearing my name and turning around. Doesn't happen much elsewhere. It wasn't exactly a pilgrimage, it was the cheapest way to get from the UK to Albania at the time (hop a dirt-cheap charter from London (probably Gatwick, actually) to Corfu, then overland into what the Greeks considered impossibly dangerous and uncivilized Albania (no less a figure than his excellency the ambassador was robbed on the highway and reportedly relieved of his valuables, most of this clothes and all of his dignity). Great fun, and the island was a bonus- also an opportunity to observe the British lager lout in their natural habitat.

Close. Except for the imaginary pretty girl.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Back in the dark ages (the 60s!) I found I needed glasses, so we went to the Southern College of Optometry to get my exam and glasses. They got me involved in a research project that included visual training in an attempt to improve eyesight, and the project included a reading level test. I went all the way up the the twelth grade level before I made enough mistakes to stop - I couldn't PRONOUNCE physicist!

I was in third grade at the time...

Reply to
Charlie E.

Since working on my Rainbow Color Reader, I have become much more adroit at determining and describing colors. I still can't match them very well, but I can determine and describe them!

Reply to
Charlie E.

Same with Pamela. It is well known that to clear a room of the females in her family, all she has to do is mention going shoe shopping!

She buys quite a few kids shoes. A size 4 girls often fits her better than a woman's 5 1/2, since they are also usually wider. She has wide toes, but a narrow heel/ankle...

Reply to
Charlie E.

had

Good Lord, what a dumbass. Keep it up. Even Jim is laughing at you!

Factual, dumbass.

Reply to
krw

Sounds familiar. "N" also has a VERY high instep, which complicates the shopping success even further. ...Jim Thompson

[snip]
[snip]

Nope. I'm laughing at neither of you. Remember I said CHILDREN... that is a PLURAL descriptor. I'm disgusted at the pissing contest this thread has degenerated into. ...Jim Thompson

some

The Catholic and Orthodox church has some ratehr bizarre habits. Parading remains around is pretty sick. I wish they came back to the bible, at least a little.

Albania was always a bit on the wild side. People there had to be tough, they were under the dictatorship of a Mao ally for a very long time.

Hey, maybe you find a Pefhany castle there some day :-)

[...]
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

--
You're right; thanks for the reality check.

It's been, what...? about twenty years or so now and the arguments are
pretty much the same.

I've tried to make my rebuttals more meaningful and interesting by
identifying logical fallacies and pointing out incontrovertible
technical errors, but the fact is that dealing with egomaniacal
personalities is pretty much like trying to reason with zombies.
Reply to
John Fields

I've made a concerted effort now to avoid people whose main interest is to irritate... like Larkin and his sycophants.

Still, I've got to learn to hold my temper when ignorant folk dig in their heels and insist their dumb-ass circuits work. And my exact mathematical analysis can't be right. I'll just send out a hit man instead >:-} ...Jim Thompson

had

8.5W.
Smiling, I think.

As expected, instead of responding with a logical rebuttal addressing
the point, you respond with your emotional outcry of "dumbass", which
you seem to think will be a crushing blow against which no retaliation
is possible.

If you want to play this game and not always be in the barrel, you
really need to think that over and come up with something a little
better.
---

>>>You really are a dumbass.
>>
>>---
>>Quite a weak retort, actually, since even if the best defense is a
>>good offense, one would expect that if you've seemingly moved away
>>from what seems to be a trailer-park upbringing, you're still caught
>>up in your past.
>
>Factual, dumbass.
Reply to
John Fields

had

8.5W.

And all this time I thought you two were brothers? Well, maybe neighbors :)

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

had

lacing

8.5W.

without a

got

--
Your point?
Reply to

I had

lacing

8.5W.

without a

got

You flushed out one of Larkin's pimps >:-} ...Jim Thompson

I had

New

lightweight

lacing

8.5W.

without a

but

got

That's the way you see it. I on the other hand have a hard time wading through the sewage, here.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

Make them pay for their own rubber chickens! ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Hypocrite. You're the one who plugged up the sewer.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

His corpse, or what was coming out of his mouth/ass?

Reply to
Mark Datter