some of you may like this...

There used to be tons of electronic surplus stores in Silicon Valley. There was even one on Market Street in San Francisco. Real estate prices and ebay have driven most of them out of business, and decimated the Foothill Electronic Flea Market too.

are still around.

Fair Radio Sales still exists!

I used to order WWII surplus stuff from them when I was a kid.

lunatic fringe electronics

Oy! He would've been more useful if he cut back on the 'crazy!'. He might have toured it first ahead of shooting, and worked out a script outline...

But takes me back to childhood visits to Electronic Surplus in Cleveland OH. That place has similar history. Thanks for the link.

-RS

Reply to
Rich S

Like my house but more organised.

Reply to
Chris Jones

Ha! Be right over with the beer.

Reply to
Tom Miller

Places like that vanished decades ago here. They're not even legal now. Real shame.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I was thinking they must not have any fire inspectors in Sun Valley CA. That place would be shut down in a heartbeat in most places.

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

A fire is not likely, really, but an earthquake would bring down those shelves and all that heavy gear on people's heads.

--

Rick
Reply to